Haven at The Gulch, 11 stories, 299 apts, $100 million

markhollin

2 hours ago, andywildman said:

Bridal Suites on Main Street are the absolute worst and probably one of two newish buildings that I’d actually advocate for tearing down. Rhythm at Music Row is definitely ugly but that tower actually provides some of the more relatively affordable condos in the neighborhood.

The Bridal Suites are actually being sold on an individual basis as condos now. The found out they could make more money selling them that way than they could by selling the entire property. Some people are buying two and making one large condo.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nashvillain said:

I know! Two buses stuck in vehicle traffic!

Now you know I was referring to Haven and that awful stix . But your comment has me wondering , do you really truly believe that a city of millions, can actually have no traffic? I remember the discussion we had the other day about the interstates , putting your perspective of that together with this post , has me thinking maybe you really think there’s a oasis somewhere that a city exists that has no motor vehicles or traffic. Maybe there is , but it’s not in America. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nashvillain said:

I know what you were referring to. But I saw something else in that photo that I thought was worth pointing out. You know, we have different perspectives and different priorities and that's, like, okay. Bus-only lanes are a thing that exist in cities in America. It's just a matter of prioritizing transit over personal vehicle traffic. Nashville hasn't done that but I wish that it would. That's my perspective and my preference. 

All is good my friend , as I also would like to see Nashville get on the transit agenda. As mentioned before, all these interstates and major arterial roads provide all kinds of R.O.W to implement mass transit in some form . Just friendly discussion, have a great weekend.

17 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Now you know I was referring to Haven and that awful stix . But your comment has me wondering , do you really truly believe that a city of millions, can actually have no traffic? I remember the discussion we had the other day about the interstates , putting your perspective of that together with this post , has me thinking maybe you really think there’s a oasis somewhere that a city exists that has no motor vehicles or traffic. Maybe there is , but it’s not in America. 

"The Omega Man"?

On 7/15/2022 at 9:04 PM, Nashvillain said:

I know what you were referring to. But I saw something else in that photo that I thought was worth pointing out. You know, we have different perspectives and different priorities and that's, like, okay. Bus-only lanes are a thing that exist in cities in America. It's just a matter of prioritizing transit over personal vehicle traffic. Nashville hasn't done that but I wish that it would. That's my perspective and my preference. 

I think Rosa Parks is a great proof of concept that a major road in the core could support a dedicated bus lane and there would be no carmageddon. It had been pinched to one lane going north for months and months and now to one lane going south.  I've driven it almost every day during rush hours and it hasn't been a problem.  And when it has been backed up, more times than not it was a lovely transpotainment vehicle as the culprit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...