Haven at The Gulch, 11 stories, 299 apts, $100 million

markhollin

7 hours ago, nashvylle said:

It would be great if some structure, perhaps a Ferris Wheel, could be built here and block the view of Haven from I-40

Heck yeah. And I might even take that guitar shaped hotel proposal from years ago to block this thing.

Photo courtesy of Business Insider:

downloadfile.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/22/2021 at 7:52 AM, Luvemtall said:

Sure hope the rent is cheap

100% agree, but wishful thinking right? I bet this building will be comparable to the Broadstone Gulch building. Slightly less because of the lack of amenities, but this developer will definitely push for max ROI.

Apologies in advance: I just can't help it. Khrushchyovka is a style of Soviet-era apartments constructed by prefab concrete panels - in a no frills, industrial brutalist design. Most were built 5 stories or less to avoid the need for elevators, stipulated by codes. Yes, they had building codes in the former Soviet Union. Utilitarian (& low cost) was the name of the game, and they built about a bajillion of 'em. The 'Haven' would look right at home in mid-century Russia, Soviet era Yugoslavia, Romania or any other Eastern Bloc country.  Now we have our own version.

20211027_094831.jpg

downloadfile-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It boggles my mind that this cost $100,000,000 to build.  I mean, I generally agree with Smeags that we should cut developers and architects some slack right now and realize that not every project can be or needs to be the Chrysler Building in terms of height or aesthetic beauty... but damn... this project is just a special kind of awful.  Truly in a league of it's own.  Unfortunate that it has such a prominent and visible location.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I am unsure but I think they may have banned Stucco in the CBD now. Simeone can back check me on that. There was a bill about a month ago that passed third reading.

I think there were materials restrictions in the last round of DTC updates that recently passed. I'm sure this project was the impetus for those restrictions. 

• Like 4