The Mid Detroit

RustTown

Big, big project: The Mid.

D2M3b7RX4AAwAL9.jpg

$310M luxury hotel, housing and retail project planned for Midtown

Detroit — A luxury boutique hotel and condos are planned for Midtown as part of a $310 million mixed-use development.

The Mid, a development to sit on nearly 3.8 acres at 3750 Woodward Ave, was announced Thursday by 3750 Woodward Avenue LLC.

When it opens in December 2020, The Mid will include multi-family, luxury, co-living and affordable housing, developers said. There will also be space for retail, parking and public areas for residents and visitors.

It will consists of 226-room, 25-floors hotel with 60 condos on the upper half of the tower; this is the one that is schedule to start this summer and be completed next year.  It will then have a 250-unit, 30-floor apartment tower, and a 12-floor "co-living" tower with hundreds of units.  But my favorite part is the plaza:

D2MsRFmXgAA0ICB.jpg

TheMid-02_i_0.jpg

TheMid-03_i.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/22/2019 at 3:16 AM, Lmichigan said:

Big, big project: The Mid.

D2M3b7RX4AAwAL9.jpg

$310M luxury hotel, housing and retail project planned for Midtown

It will consists of 226-room, 25-floors hotel with 60 condos on the upper half of the tower; this is the one that is schedule to start this summer and be completed next year.  It will then have a 250-unit, 30-floor apartment tower, and a 12-floor "co-living" tower with hundreds of units.  But my favorite part is the plaza:

D2MsRFmXgAA0ICB.jpg

TheMid-02_i_0.jpg

TheMid-03_i.jpg

Damn!  This is awesome!  I wonder if the grocery store is going to be a Meijer.  Go Detroit!

• 3 weeks later...

We got some more information on this one, today.  Apparently, the 30-story apartment tower will be 365 feet tall, and the 25-story hotel/condo tower will be 292 feet tall.  We also got additional renderings:

D4SwGBvXsAEfaH0.jpg

D4SwMpTWAAAoVSS.jpg

D4SwQ5WWAAANiC0.jpg

The attached red-colored building will have hundreds of "co-living" units, which I'm guessing is just another way to say apartments they'll likely be renting out to WSU students.

Archived