Tallest buildings in Nashville by official building height

UTgrad09

So looking just at the current top ten vs what's under construction/imminent, per Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Nashville) we'll have a new #3 (151 1st ave), a tie at #6 (5th x Broadway residential), and a new #9 (Embassy Suites). That's not counting what's happening at Nashville Yards, as the office buildings there seem to be in flux.

Edit: yes I know, Wikipedia, but I'm not sure it's too far off base with the numbers.

Edited by e-dub
  • Like 1

I'm old school and this country seemingly will never change to the metric system no matter how hard we try. Blame it on D.C. as they are the buffoons that hold this country back on oh so many levels, and this is one.

People in the country can barely understand the "US customary system", which believe it or not is what it is called. I would welcome the change, but until they force the change on everyone and make us use it, why bother to use the International System of Measurements. I dont travel outside the country so there is no need for me to do so, but again I say I would welcome it.

funny thing the Canadians use the metric system of course but measure their homes in square feet.  We use enough metric here already but our buildings are in feet, square feet, acres, square miles etc.  

any way good idea to start this topic as an easy way to check building's heights as downtown Nashville has more topography than Charlotte and some of your taller buildings are on hills or in lower areas.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

NASA uses metric... 

4 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

They were forced to because they now work with all those countries who have not put a man on the moon.

The heck we do...  I don't anyways nor does anyone I work with.  I'll also add that I AM NOT welcoming to the metric system!

Edited by L'burgnative

We'll never do it, but going metric would simplify everything for engineering in this country. Especially when Americans do business with foreign buyers/companies.

Wish we had done it when we said we would back in the early 1970s, but I believe the idea was dropped because replacing all of the signage would be too costly.

I'm going to go through the original list and see if I can find any mistakes or discrepancies (as well as convert everything to feet!)...but here is the first list I would like some help with...some may not be quite 200'....but I'm including things that are at least 15 stories.

Under construction:
-5th + Broad Residential 

-5th + Broad Office (AB)

-Drury Plaza Hotel

-The Joseph Hotel

-Kennect Nashville

-Embassy Suites

-Curio Hotel

-1222 Demonbreun (Gulch Union office)

-W Hotel Gulch

-1200 Broad (Endeavor/Whole Foods)

- Grand Hyatt (Nashville Yards)

-Broadwest Office

-Broadwest Residential

-Broadwest Office

-Vanderbilt Dorm Tower

Please only quote the ones that you have an answer to, and provide a link if possible. Thank you!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

I'm going to go through the original list and see if I can find any mistakes or discrepancies (as well as convert everything to feet!)...but here is the first list I would like some help with...some may not be quite 200'....but I'm including things that are at least 15 stories.

-Kennect Nashville

Please only quote the ones that you have an answer to, and provide a link if possible. Thank you!

The Creed Office Building (proposed) in Midtown was listed as 222' tall on a document I clipped from the development tracker.

26008143408_b9de310c1c_n.jpg

And the Kennect was listed as 238' as I recall, also by tracker documents. I know these numbers are hard to read in the lower left picture, but when I put the card together, I had a better resolution image (now lost) where I got the 238' number.

46755434954_e10ee75a3e.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...