UTgrad09

• 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

So we've got three 400 footers under construction;

• 4 Seasons and Residences @ 542'
  • Conrad Hilton & Residences @ 406'
  • 5th + Broadway Residential @ 402'

Impressive!

What do we have in the pipeline as possibles for the future?  Paramount...the tower across Church from Amazon?...KVB roundabout area tower?

The ONE22ONE, across from the 1200 Broadway residential tower,  was reported on SSP to be  400' if it goes 27 floors. The 38 story Buckingham in the Gulch would be certainly over 400' if ever built. One KVB was downsized to 25 stories, so it may not make 400' if it is ever built.

• Like 3

Then there are many more over 200' under construction... among others... Gulch Union Office tower, Drury, Grand Hyatt, 2 Amazon towers, Endeavor, 2012 West End, Kenect, Pizzuti, Centric, Embassy Suites/One Hotel, and another half dozen in the pipeline... planned... MGM, B'way Hotel, GBT office tower (could be 400 ft) with proposals... Nashville Yards office tower possibly greater than 500'... Paramount (670).... and 4 residential towers of around 400' at Cummins Station. Plus, around a dozen buildings in the 10-17 story range. 

• Like 3

On 5/31/2019 at 12:54 PM, PHofKS said:

So we've got three 400 footers under construction;

• 4 Seasons and Residences @ 542'
  • Conrad Hilton & Residences @ 406'
  • 5th + Broadway Residential @ 402'

Impressive!

What about the 40 story Amazon building? 

I guess it's debatable as to whether it's under construction. Demolition for the entire  Nashville Yards is complete and site prep is also in progress. But technically, no concrete or steel  is ready to go on the 40 story as far as we know. 

So I'm going with 'proposed' rather than under construction. 

12 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

I guess it's debatable as to whether it's under construction. Demolition for the entire  Nashville Yards is complete and site prep is also in progress. But technically, no concrete or steel  is ready to go on the 40 story as far as we know. 

So I'm going with 'proposed' rather than under construction.

Does anyone know the cross streets or where exactly the 40 story building is supposed to be built?  I had thought it was going to be where one of the shorter buildings is apparently under construction right now and was confused by their website.  Thanks!

29 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

Does anyone know the cross streets or where exactly the 40 story building is supposed to be built?  I had thought it was going to be where one of the shorter buildings is apparently under construction right now and was confused by their website.  Thanks!

It's the tallest building in this render.

image-1.png.687bcf691876555d8cc63ac718d86a87.png

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

These lists are really cool.  I'd love to verify the numbers on them.  I saw in a thread somewhere where one of us used a feature in Google to measure the heights of several buildings.  The AT&T building came out spot on as did the L&C I think.  So they felt comfortably with the accuracy of the tool.  They then measured the highly doubted 490' for 5/3 and it came in considerably lower (can't remember the exact number).  Bridgestone measured like 440' or so and Pinnacle actually measured taller than it's list 417'.  Does anyone know of a bona fide way to accurately measure these puppies?  If so, I'll volunteer to measure them all so we can KNOW for sure what the actual heights are.

12 minutes ago, nashville born said:

These lists are really cool.  I'd love to verify the numbers on them.  I saw in a thread somewhere where one of us used a feature in Google to measure the heights of several buildings.  The AT&T building came out spot on as did the L&C I think.  So they felt comfortably with the accuracy of the tool.  They then measured the highly doubted 490' for 5/3 and it came in considerably lower (can't remember the exact number).  Bridgestone measured like 440' or so and Pinnacle actually measured taller than it's list 417'.  Does anyone know of a bona fide way to accurately measure these puppies?  If so, I'll volunteer to measure them all so we can KNOW for sure what the actual heights are.

The only way that I've tried is by using Google Earth because it gives the elevation based on where you're putting the cursor.  So using the Pinnacle for an example, bring up the image of the building so you're getting a good look at it as well as the surrounding streets.  If you put the cursor on the street right in front of the building I'm getting an average of 420 feet elevation.  Now take the cursor to the top edges of the building, it gets a little tricky with all of the various shapes of the surfaces at the top but try to find the highest point and get a good average of where that elevation seems to be, I'm getting 848 feet.  Now subtract that from the elevation at the bottom of 420 and I come up with 428 feet in height.  So this certainly isn't a scientific and super accurate measurement and it also leaves me wondering if the street I measured is really the proper spot to make that calculation because there could be a lower spot and would be a better representation but that's what I did and it's definitely higher than 417 feet.  You have to play around with it and it gets trickier at the top because you've got to find those exact high points and I went all around the four edges to double check it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks so much PH and MG.  I have to find a way through this because it's driving me crazy (yes, maybe a tad bit of OCD, but who's counting).  For I'm a late comer to the incredible UP world so I pick old strings for kicks and read through them.  Some times I discover really cool photos, sometimes I learn about codes and planning and stuff, and sometimes I find perplexing mysteries.  The height mysteries drive me crazy.  For instance, I was just reading through the Kenect string.  I saw several pictures of the Kenect side-by-side with the Morris.  One poster even joked, "fraternal twins."  Cool and funny caption, yet it made me ask, how can two buildings seem identical in height and only one show on the Wikipedia list of tallest buildings???  Okay, rant over.  About to go take the guidance MG provided and try my hand in Google maps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1