Tallest buildings in Nashville by official building height

UTgrad09

3 hours ago, nashville born said:

General announcement from the, instead of complaining about it, do something category.  I've been granted access to editing the Nashville Wikipedia page.  I'm learning, so can't do everything yet.  I do however know how to update descriptions of buildings, projects, and such.  Can also edit building heights and rankings (new order posted).  Let me know if you see a glaring needed change.

Could you go ahead and place Four Seasons in there as under construction?  Also…is it really true that the Broadwest office tower and 222 1st Ave are the same height?  That’s shocks me.

And…could you go ahead and list Tony’s two new buildings in there as under construction?

And…I’m assuming we’re talking about the same page…the List of Tallest Buildings in Nashville wiki page…right?

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

My search capabilities are hampered by the device I'm using, but I did not see the Ritz Carlton hotel and condo towers proposal.  Very likely to be close to 500' and 400'. 

Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (42 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage - Nashville - UrbanPlanet.org

4 hours ago, nashville born said:

@titanhog Maybe not since most of what you mentioned already appears.  I'll do some investigative work on the 222 and Broadwest Tower.  Here's the page I can edit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Nashville#Tallest_buildings

Ok…now I see.  I didn’t scroll far enough down.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

My search capabilities are hampered by the device I'm using, but I did not see the Ritz Carlton hotel and condo towers proposal.  Very likely to be close to 500' and 400'. 

Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (42 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage - Nashville - UrbanPlanet.org

@MLBrumbyThe page author has them both listed as 417 Seventh, 510 ft and 417 Seventh, 325 ft.  The note the author used said these two are going on the old KVB site so I'm assuming they're talking about the Ritz.  I'll update the description when we have confirmation of the brand.

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, nashville born said:

I've got a question about the height of the Embassy Suites vs the JW Marriott.  The Marriott is listed as 386 feet in the Wikipedia page and the Embassy Suites is listed as 380 feet but I can't imagine that they're really going to be only six feet apart when the Embassy Suites is completed because the Marriott towers over the Embassy and it appears as though the Embassy is working on the roof although I can't figure out what that huge cement square is at the top of it.  I know that in the render it appears as though one end of the roof juts upward while the rest of it looks flat and I'm guessing that the top of that big block is going to be where the roof will be.  When you look at the City View Cam I would guess that the Marriott is probably about 50 feet taller than the top of that big concrete block.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

• Like 1

@MontanaGuy I agree with your eyeballed assessment.  Similar disparities are what first got me all riled up.  I didn't make a change to the Embassy Suites height on the page because after reading through the entire string, I didn't see a proposed height, only guesses.  So I left it until someone cites a more accurate source.  I did, however, change the height of Prime from 470 to 456 to match cited records.  

JWM and the newer buildings don't show yet in Google Earth so I couldn't measure them.    The one exception was Kenect.  It was listed at 285 which seemed way off especially right next to The Morris.  Morris is listed (approx.) on Emporis at 242.  Gave Kenect a couple more feet and moved it way down the list.  Completely reordered the Wiki page.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems someone didn't appreciate the changes/edits I made to the Wiki page as it has been completely put back to the old version citing 490' for 5/3 etc.  Not sure who the curator is.  IMO, they aren't facing reality.  I feel confident in the Google Earth tool and it has been used by other UP posters and shown to be accurate.  Even if the curator isn't convinced, how do you justify removing an added entry for a building  (19th & Broadway) that is clearly under construction?  I'm washing my hands of it.  Godspeed to whoever the person is.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks.  Making sure I'm not going crazy.  The Wiki page says the Joseph is 260' and that the Drury is 288'.  I just don't understand why it's so difficult to see that the Nashville building heights list is waaaaaaaay off.  How can anyone look at that photo and think there's but a 28' difference in their respective heights??? 

I'm a little peeved that I spent hours measuring each one I could and then more hours updating the page only to have it put back to misinformation.  Guess I'll just have to console myself by remembering the rule of thumb about Wikipedia.  The Nashville page is a shining example.

The thing to remember is where the height measurement comes from can be different on every single building when hills are involved. The Drury for example has the steep hill that drops down 3rd Avenue. These slopes are taken into consideration when attempting to gain an accurate number for height. I believe typically on sloped sites, the average median height along all sloping property lines factor into where the measurement is taken from. 

Now that being said, I would expect the Drury to be significantly taller than the Joseph, so it is probably not worth getting into a bickering match on a wiki page because who knows where the measurement information is coming from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...