Tallest buildings in Nashville by official building height

UTgrad09

8 hours ago, nashville born said:

Well, looks like whoever that phantom person is, they're at it again as 5/3 is again listed at 490ft.  I wouldn't fault you for not hitting your head against that brick wall.  Been there.

I'm seeing 435 ft on the list of tallest buildings in Tennessee, but 490 ft on the list of tallest buildings in Nashville?

• 4 weeks later...

On 3/22/2022 at 2:17 PM, nashville born said:

Well, looks like whoever that phantom person is, they're at it again as 5/3 is again listed at 490ft.  I wouldn't fault you for not hitting your head against that brick wall.  Been there.

someone does this in Charlotte too always changing the heights of buildings then someone has to correct it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MidTenn1 said:

There were two mystery buildings hinted at on the AEG, Live at Nashville Yards lot that were seeking additional height approval at 46 and 48 stories. The 46er was described as 9B1 and was shown on the latest plans submittal to the city on page 6 as an outline on a couple of schematics. I used those outlines to make a fair measure of the probable height of the tower at 510 ft +/-. The 48 story (9B2) by inference may be 22 ft taller for a total of 532 ft +/-.

If this is reasonably accurate, these heights are surprisingly short for 46 and 48 story towers, but within reason. My calculations...

2059078707_9B1Height.thumb.jpg.def5d53be20665d7b3089b7f176ecd18.jpg

When do you think we’ll hear “final news” on those two structures?

SWVP, we need you to not let the Somera Roadsters show you up.  They definitely upped the ante and I'm hoping you'll see their raise and match it with two more of your own.  Giddy-up.

Meanwhile, in addition to putting a target on the back of Bridgestone (for it's listed height), I'm also a little suspect of The Place at 5th & Broad....???

Thanks Pete! The foundation is being designed for buildings tp be maxxed out at these sizes. Because the garage is being built prior to the towers, they need to engineer the garage for what will be coming. This does not mean that is what will materialize, but rather what is possible. The building pads could potentially be one building (which the drawings kind of diagram out) or possibly a podium with two towers. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Whoever updated the Nashville Tallest page on Wikipedia, bravo!  Well, at least with the images.  5/3 is back to being listed incorrectly at 490'.  Great job with the images though.

Brichar4 tries to keep it updated, but others come in and change it, so it is a little crazy like the folks that run Wiki. There is no rhyme  or reason in the way things are done there and we have had these conversations before. 

He does a great job, but it is as good as the other crazy people allow!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Brichar4 tries to keep it updated, but others come in and change it, so it is a little crazy like the folks that run Wiki. There is no rhyme  or reason in the way things are done there and we have had these conversations before. 

He does a great job, but it is as good as the other crazy people allow!

Agreed!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if the correct thread (feel free to move accordingly). But noticed something interesting. Google Earth now has a relatively updated view of a lot of the big projects in Nashville. Can dig around in the 3D and the four seasons along with others in similar time period are now showing. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, trillhaslam said:

Hi all. Not sure if this fits here, but I wanted to share a bit of analysis I did on total skyline heights.

I initially started doing this to compare Nashville's combined building heights to those of its peer cities like Charlotte, Austin, etc. and also with my current home, Salt Lake City, but I ended up expanding my analysis to 48 of the top 50 US metro areas by population. To clarify, I have excluded Washington, D.C. as building heights there are restricted to the point where there would be very little eligible data for this analysis and the Inland Empire (Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA MSA) as it's way too polycentric for good data and there are very few tall buildings in any of its constituent cities regardless.

To populate my analysis, I utilized the "existing buildings" lists for each city from Emporis and included buildings at or above 164 feet (50 meters) with the presumption that buildings shorter than this height both 1. do not contribute significantly to the skyline and 2. are unlikely to have equally reliable data available across every city being measured.

I've included four tables with the same data that have been sorted four ways: total combined building height (decreasing from top), total metro area population (decreasing from top), metro population divided by combined building height (increasing from top, smallest value indicates highest height per capita), and average age of buildings included (decreasing from top). 

I hope this is interesting! This took quite a while to complete due to having to copy and paste from the Emporis lists. There are quite a few curiosities I perceived in this data. I'd love to hear any thoughts on this information.

SkylineListHeight.thumb.png.1aad3dca086aac6637bc7db1219c4ef0.pngSkylineListPop.thumb.png.5ee91af53e5a8b95d721c8cd892e8bf2.pngSkylineListDensity.thumb.png.b5e8b93c2bb11b7721b1c4bb4ff69ffa.pngSkylineListAge.thumb.png.814a1e926465b93048f1f7ad24143ceb.png

I have a feeling once the current boom in Nashville dies down a bit, we’ll be way over 35k and our average will be well after 2000.  Matter of fact, it’s hard for me to believe we’re not already after 2000 since we’ve built dozens of buildings the last ten years over 50 meters.

Thanks for putting this together.  Very interesting!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Markitecture said:

Super interesting stats and thank you for providing. I thought Houston was the 4th most populous USA metro, but now that is Dallas and Houston is 5th? Also, I thought Birmingham had slipped behind Huntsville in metro pop. stats.

Here is some population data that disputes Dallas being larger than Houston. I suspect the stats putting Dallas in the power position are including Dallas PLUS Fort Worth.

screenshots from:

texas-demographics.com &

World Population Review

5D8EEFC3-7E88-44AF-8D22-25A2A9F16982.jpeg

10D504E9-3A52-4602-B051-5E1F8E845BDF.jpeg

• Like 1