One Beale (new) |Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric hotel, Caption by Hyatt hotel, apartments

VSRJ

10 minutes ago, DRG901 said:

Fingers crossed?   I hope this pans out and I hope there's renderings at the meeting tomorrow.   

Well Chase Carlise is on the board so im sure this project will go through especially since its backed by Hyatt and they have already started construction on 2 of their hotels on this site.  Now if we can get this convention center hotel to break ground.

I'm (very) cautiously optimistic:

One Beale tower lands first approval for immense, complex incentive package

https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2020/12/09/one-beale-tower-approved-for.html

The incentives package put together for the new, $190M tower at One Beale is complicated and immense. It is poised to total about $268M over 30 years, but that money would all be generated by One Beale itself, in one way or another.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, VSRJ said:

I'm (very) cautiously optimistic:

One Beale tower lands first approval for immense, complex incentive package

https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2020/12/09/one-beale-tower-approved-for.html

Whew, that is a lot of money in incentives. I don't recall ever seeing a hotel with an incentive package that large. Hopefully it works out for the city.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dxfret said:

This is so low rise and suburban looking.  Seems vastly out of place. 

You really should go down there and see it this is far from suburban, I have seen nothing this nice in a Memphis suburb.  If you understand the context of that area of front street and beale most buildings are about 3 floors and warehouse or storefronts so a super tall building at this site would stand out more.  it actually compliments the area well and knowing that a taller 22 floor hotel will go up behind it at the river lets me be ok with the height of this building lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are some great new photos of the exterior and interior hotel here:

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/money/business/development/2021/02/24/downtown-memphis-hotels-hyatt-centric-one-beale-street-development/6702858002/

919b618c-bce0-4723-bfbe-aa5206691055-BK1I6212.thumb.jpg.20b4272aedac5c80a47859c9cfa808f3.jpg

The new 227-room hotel will incorporate one of Downtown Memphis’ long-vacant historic properties, the William C. Ellis and Sons Ironworks and Machine Shop on Front Street, which has been adapted into a meeting space for the hotel property. It will also connect the Hyatt Centric to the future Hyatt Caption.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Finally, a new addition to downtown over 12 stories.  Good start to Memphis' resurgence. 

How likely is this one? 

Is that the site of the One Beale (30 story tower) plan from 12 years ago? 

It is. I'd say this one has a much better chance.

Hopefully it is a sign of good things to come. The new nearby Hyatt Centric's rooftop is amazing, and this one will no doubt be even better.

• Like 1