Since the weather has gotten a lot nicer the rail trail is absolutely slammed. I feel bad for anyone trying to bike or scoot on it. We really need it open on both sides from New Bern to Tremont.  Once the Bradham at New Bern opens it’ll be on both sides from New Bern all the way to Solis Southline at Remount then Off Broadway to Auto Bell is killing that idea. Just a simple sidewalk is all we need. 

31 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Would be nice if one side of the rails was bike+scooter and other side was pedestrian.

well honestly when Edens and Portman open, I suspect its going to become unpassable for bikes and scooters at some hours

• Like 1

It looks like they are laying some sort of side walk at the Atherton part but there is almost no room between the old Atherton warehouse and the tracks. Any idea on how they can do this if at all possible? 

35 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

It looks like they are laying some sort of side walk at the Atherton part but there is almost no room between the old Atherton warehouse and the tracks. Any idea on how they can do this if at all possible? 

Can you clarify your question haha. Are you talking about the space between what was Atherton Market and the tracks?

Yes, so the red is where it appears they are laying sidewalk and the blue is where there is almost no room between the old Atherton and the tracks. Can they possibly squeeze a side walk in there?

E1129F2A-9BD2-443A-8340-0F68D7435C7D.jpeg

6 hours ago, dylansukkert said:

We really need it open on both sides from New Bern to Tremont.  Once the Bradham at New Bern opens it’ll be on both sides from New Bern all the way to Solis Southline at Remount then Off Broadway to Auto Bell is killing that idea. Just a simple sidewalk is all we need. 

It's a shame the City prioritized filling the Eastside gap between New Bern and Remount, when it should have been between Remount and Tremont.  Pepsi ended up becoming apartments, while Auto Bell glaringly remains.

• Like 1

It's a shame the City prioritized filling the Eastside gap between New Bern and Remount, when it should have been between Remount and Tremont.  Pepsi ended up becoming apartments, while Auto Bell glaringly remains.

Both gaps will be addressed in 2019-20. If I’d actually get home from work before 9 everyday, I would have written an update article by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, southslider said:

I don't think it was a matter of prioritizing. The trail has been built as the parcels have been redeveloped. 

4 hours ago, tozmervo said:

I don't think it was a matter of prioritizing. The trail has been built as the parcels have been redeveloped. 

New development has added much to the trail, but the City did prioritize gaps near Poindexter, thinking that development wouldn't happen.

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Both gaps will be addressed in 2019-20. If I’d actually get home from work before 9 everyday, I would have written an update article by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atherton Mill will be addressed. What about the Auto Bell?