Leaving the forum indefinitely due to health reasons

Binbin98

Hello everyone,

I had no idea where to put this so I will just leave it here. I will be indefinetly leaving the urban planet forums at some point this week on an account of my health declining rapidly due to a potentially fatal condition (hint it starts with a C). Although currently it is in remission I still have a long ways to go in terms of recovery and prevention, and being able to return to university happy and healthy. My doctor has said I am unfortunately very young to be having this condition and is putting added importance on treating me, but also meaning that I have to put more focus on treatment myself which I have not been doing admittedly as much as I should be.

I do hope I will join you guys again soon. I won’t delete my account just in case I return. 

Thanks,

-Ben

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben,

I don't even know what to say. To read what you have written knowing you are about my age breaks my heart, and I mean that in the truest sense. The thought of your young life possibly being cut short is hard for me to stomach. I often take my own life for granted, but I am truly lucky to not be suffering from cancer, especially at such a young age.

I am typically not outward with my religion, but I am praying you make it through this. In the meantime, I will miss your posts about your experiences abroad, your dedication to bringing news to our airport thread, and your perspective from the other side of the pond. It's very intriguing to hear your thoughts as a Nashvillian who is so well-traveled.

I hope to see you back here soon.

Best regards,

Garrett

26 minutes ago, nativetenn said:

Ben,

I don't even know what to say. To read what you have written knowing you are about my age breaks my heart, and I mean that in the truest sense. The thought of your young life possibly being cut short is hard for me to stomach. I often take my own life for granted, but I am truly lucky to not be suffering from cancer, especially at such a young age.

I am typically not outward with my religion, but I am praying you make it through this. In the meantime, I will miss your posts about your experiences abroad, your dedication to bringing news to our airport thread, and your perspective from the other side of the pond. It's very intriguing to hear your thoughts as a Nashvillian who is so well-traveled.

I hope to see you back here soon.

Best regards,

Garrett

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. As I said the good news is it is now in remission and a lot of the physical pain has gone away. I highly doubt I will die from it because I am too far along in my recovery. But still thank you.

Archived