Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

Over the holidays I was in New England and we spent a day in Boston. Lots of projects going on. Such as a complete reconstruction of the big City Hall Plaza. 

One building that really stood out to be was the office tower of the Hub on Causeway project. Corporate signage is not all that common in Boston, but the overall design is refreshing and different.

IMG_3312.thumb.JPEG.26e83c9c1adc854caf3fce6eafa295e3.JPEG

Hub on Causeway is a massive development on the site of the old Boston Garden. If anyone is interested in the massive amounts of program check out the project info from Gensler.

• Like 3

On 1/21/2021 at 3:24 PM, KJHburg said:

was just down in Miami and saw tons of high rise construction mostly condo and apartment towers.  Nashville needs one of these skywheels and you have the tourism numbers to make it work and it would be a great way to see the skyline.   Miami last week.  Miami truly does have the best skyline in the southeast ahead of Atlanta and Charlotte.   Brickell City Center is great open air mall right across the Miami River from downtown in the Brickell district which has tons of high rises itself. 

Check out all the towers they have underway

These Are The 21 New Miami Towers That Will Be Under Construction In 2021 – The Next Miami

IMG_1369 (1).JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1394 (1).JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1560 (1).JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1525 (1).JPG

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

Miami is growing like a weed. Most New Yorkers I know are moving to south Florida and many major financial companies are considering moving there including Goldman Sachs. Hell apparently even some Silicon Valley companies are thinking about relocating to Florida, I think South Florida and Atlanta are Nashville’s biggest competitors when it comes to companies relocating to the Southeast.

Also I have moved indefinitely to South Florida (Palm Beach County) as my partner’s job field in Marine science is mostly located here (in terms of American jobs), so if anyone needs any advice about moving here/vacations I’d be happy to help. Also I will keep updates about developments going on here, including in Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

• Thanks 1

Huntsville is getting ready to take off. They are landing new companies left and right. And if this Space Force thing comes to fruition that's more high paying jobs in that area. I wouldn't be shocked if it's the largest metro in Alabama in the next 20-30 years.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I used to think Nashville would never have buildings like Austin has but this past week I have noticed multiple taller towers have been proposed. Nashville is like 5 years or so behind Austin in growth so I do anticipate eventually there will be some 700 or 800’ tall buildings on the skyline, I don’t know about 1000’ though due to FAA regulations.

• Like 2