Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

Hey everyone The next miami is a great place to see all the development going on here in South Florida. As a person who moved here at the beginning of this year I have already seen so much growth and announcements regarding towers and company relocations in Miami, and it’s likely that many New York City hedge funds and large financial firms are soon to be moving in here as well. It’s exciting to see the development in Nashville, but in Miami it is at a whole different level no offense. Anyways check it out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Hey everyone The next miami is a great place to see all the development going on here in South Florida. As a person who moved here at the beginning of this year I have already seen so much growth and announcements regarding towers and company relocations in Miami, and it’s likely that many New York City hedge funds and large financial firms are soon to be moving in here as well. It’s exciting to see the development in Nashville, but in Miami it is at a whole different level no offense. Anyways check it out!

We shall see how People feel about all those new developments and towers , when the next cat 5 hurricane comes rolling through!!! I lived in Florida for 19 years , saw the devastation that Andrew brought to South Florida . Ripped roads right out of the ground. You can have that sandbar of a State 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

We shall see how People feel about all those new developments and towers , when the next cat 5 hurricane comes rolling through!!! I lived in Florida for 19 years , saw the devastation that Andrew brought to South Florida . Ripped roads right out of the ground. You can have that sandbar of a State 

My thoughts exactly, not to mention when sea levels start to rise and half of Florida is under water and you can't give real estate away down there. I am not a beach person and never have been. I had to live in Galveston and S Padre and I could count the number of times I went to the beach on half a hand and still had fingers left. I hate the smell of salt water! But I digress. Hurricanes and climate change are going to be a big issue for real estate in FL. People move there thinking it is great and then they have to evacuate 3 or 4 times then put the property up for sale for the next fools to come along and buy it. At some point the word will get out and there will not be enough senior citizens from NY & NJ to buy the left over properties.

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Miami has a lot of challenges with climate change although that seemingly has not stopped companies from moving here. I love hurricanes and severe weather so I will be alright. 

Attached is more Miami development news. Waldorf Astoria is building a 1,000 foot tall skyscraper here that looks a lot like one of the buildings Tony G is building next to the Amazon development. Only in Miami they build it tall instead of small, if only something similar happened in Nashville!

4B696423-BA6E-48BE-BFCA-00AFC5B02044.jpeg

6988329D-C46C-4016-A629-506D38FE4EBF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Miami has a lot of challenges with climate change although that seemingly has not stopped companies from moving here. I love hurricanes and severe weather so I will be alright. 

Attached is more Miami development news. Waldorf Astoria is building a 1,000 foot tall skyscraper here that looks a lot like one of the buildings Tony G is building next to the Amazon development. Only in Miami they build it tall instead of small, if only something similar happened in Nashville!

4B696423-BA6E-48BE-BFCA-00AFC5B02044.jpeg

6988329D-C46C-4016-A629-506D38FE4EBF.jpeg

That surly looks awesome! As my username states luv em tall . But I still don’t think any amount of design and engineering is going to help that building or anything else when that 200 mph sustained wind comes rolling in. My other passion is weather and I’ve read a lot of data. Folks it’s going to happen ( probably sooner than you think) the big one is coming and South Florida is a sitting lame duck!! They are not going to be able to get all those people out in time. It’s going to be a nightmare. Shame on the lawmakers and state for allowing this to happen , they all have been warned yet all they care about is filling their pockets. 

• Like 2