Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

14 minutes ago, dmillsphoto said:

I'm sorry, but no. Can they not? There's already water crisis enough on the pacific coast and this is just absolutely a waste to keep green. And looks to bring in tons of plant species that are going to need that water that's better served for other purposes. /soapbox

That's the same thing that popped into my head when I saw those renders.  It makes no sense to try to make LA look like some kind of rainforest when it fact it's really a desert.  However the architecture is kind of cool with all of the curves which is much nicer than the typical boxy shapes we keep getting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rolly said:

Seems like a desalination plant with a 'safe' mini-nuclear reactor (like SpaceX is planning for the Mars exploits) would be quite the solution. 

We've been using mini-nuclear reactors on submarines and naval vessels for decades without any problems!

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 5:10 AM, markhollin said:

Tampa's One Ashley renderings. 37 stories, 409', hotel, condos, garage (courtesy of YIMBY Florida):

Tampa, One Ashley, 37 stories, 409', hotel, condos, garage, 1.png

Tampa, One Ashley, 37 stories, 409', hotel, condos, garage, 2.png

Tampa, One Ashley, 37 stories, 409', hotel, condos, garage, 3.png

It's so ugly that it's not even funny. One of THE most prominent spots in all of downtown Tampa and this wall of crap is proposed.

7 hours ago, nashville born said:

20210623_104952.jpg

Great photos, Smeags.  Thanks for sharing.  And looks like you found 805 Lea's more attractive big sister (while still not being a knockout)!

That building kept catching my eye. It was only a couple of blocks from my hotel so I would pass it a lot.

• Like 3