Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Miami: new renderings fro twin 83 story, 848 ft. towers to be known as MiamiCentral. Will feature 2007 residential units, 49,600 sq. ft. of retail,  and 2,136 capacity garage on 2.7 acres.  Courtesy of YIMBY Florida.

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 9.14.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 9.14.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 9.14.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 9.14.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 9.14.49 AM.png

AND IT'S ON A TRANSIT STOP!

Nashville is what, only 20 years away from development like this?

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 8:42 PM, KJHburg said:

^^ the tallest buildings by floor count in NC are all in Charlotte and so are the top 10 tallest buildings in the state save the PNC Plaza at 538 feet in downtown Raleigh.  

This new 33 story apartment tower in Raleigh will be that city's 4th tallest building overall in height. 

By floor count are 60 story BofA Corporate Center 871 feet, 48 story Duke Energy Center,  46 story Truist Tower, 50 story Vue apartment tower, etc.  

this is fairly up to date but our tallest in Charlotte and mainly office towers with the exception of the Vue apartment tower.   List of tallest buildings in Charlotte - Wikipedia

Thanks for the info/link.  Just saw that the wiki page touts the BofA tower as the 37th tallest is the U.S.  That struck me as a little high so I checked three cities' wiki pages (NYC, Chicago, and LA).  Combined, they have39 towers taller than Charlotte's BofA tower.   That 37th claim is a bit off, especially when you consider I only looked at three other U.S. cities.  So many more with single and multiple towers over 871ft.  

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

Glad you enjoyed GR!  It's a fantastic small city, especially if you are a lover of outdoors activities and great beer!  

Indeed--terrific craft beer scene there.  And Meijer Gardens is one of the best arboretums in the country, that also has a fantastic 3,000 capacity amphitheater that is always hopping with major acts each summer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Indeed--terrific craft beer scene there.  And Meijer Gardens is one of the best arboretums in the country, that also has a fantastic 3,000 capacity amphitheater that is always hopping with major acts each summer. 

Agreed completely!  What breweries were you able to make it to?  There are so many that I've never had the chance to go to, but my favorites so far are probably City Built and Greyline.  I also love New Holland, who have a huge beautiful new tap room/brew pub over on Bridge Street, but they're technically based out of Holland so I won't count them. 

Edited by BnaBreaker

8 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Grand Rapids, Michigan also features some amazing "good bones" of classic structures from the late 1800s-1920s era.  Many of them were built for the lumber and furniture businesses that were booming at that time.  Most have been converted to offices, hotels, and residential now.  I really love all the various hues of brick that were utilized. 

There are also quite a few brick streets---some from the1800s that are given loving care, as well as many new streets of brick, especially in parts of downtown. 

IMG_5958.jpeg

IMG_5959.jpeg

IMG_5960.jpeg

IMG_5962.jpeg

IMG_5963.jpeg

IMG_5964.jpeg

IMG_5965.jpeg

IMG_5967.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5970.jpeg

IMG_5971.jpeg

IMG_5972.jpeg

IMG_5974.jpeg

IMG_5975.jpeg

IMG_5978.jpeg

IMG_5986.jpeg

IMG_5987.jpeg

IMG_5988.jpeg

IMG_5989.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg

IMG_5993.jpeg

IMG_5994.jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

IMG_5996.jpeg

IMG_6003.jpeg

IMG_6022.jpeg

IMG_6030.jpeg

IMG_6033.jpeg

IMG_6038.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful architecture! Another benefit of these buildings is they are built to last more than a lifetime, so they will most likely outlast their newer constructed counterparts.

• Like 1