Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

This will be a really cool win for that spot. Honestly, I'd prefer an open green space or a stone-paved plaza square to be able to appreciate the beautiful architecture of Sts Peter and Paul Cathedral, and it will kind of suck to lose the old brick office building there, but it'll also be nice to get rid of the big surface lot that is there, too.  It's also interesting what they did with the graduated steps, as it looks like it'll avoid overwhelming the view of the cathedral from ground level at the park in front and keep it in sunlight a bit longer in the winter months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Renderings for The Grand by Gehry in L.A.: 45 stories, 436 units (courtesy of YIMBY LA).

LA, The Grand by Gehry, 45 stories, 436 units, 1.png

LA, The Grand by Gehry, 45 stories, 436 units, 2.png

There will be glorious views from this building, with its site being a high point in the immediate area. And with the Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, and the Ahmanson Theatre so close, a dream residence for a lover of the performing arts! (I’ve walked by that site many times on my way to the Ahmanson.)

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 6:09 AM, markhollin said:

Rendering of Forge Atlanta tech center, 10 acres, 3.8 million sq. ft.,  office/commercial, 1.2 million sq. ft. residential:

Atlanta, Forge Atlanta tech center, 10 acres, 3.8 sf million mixed, 1.2 million residential use, .png

Looking at this picture, kinda gives me good ideas of the possibilities with both the GBT Beaman site and the Hines Reed District projects. Being across the street from each other , with 6-8 buildings each , should give us a look similar to this!

• Like 2