Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

8 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Brightline has been operational for about three years now.

I dont think it has up to Orlando.  I thought I saw a report they were testing it up there.  It is running in south Florida. 

this year to Orlando https://www.gobrightline.com/brightline-florida

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 3:37 PM, UrbanWes03 said:

I believe in the amount of skyscrapers in the country Miami is 3rd as well after NYC and Chicago 

The balcony cladding that most of the buildings in Austin and Miami doesn't make for attractive buildings.

They look like something you would find in Central America.

Edited by Licec

7 hours ago, Licec said:

The balcony cladding that most of the buildings in Austin and Miami doesn't make for attractive buildings.

They look like something you would find in Central America.

There's really only one city in Central America that has a significant number of tall skyscrapers and that's Panama City, Panama.  I've been there and was very impressed with the architecture.  I would agree that there's a certain style that's common in most of Latin America and that Miami's skyline does have that same Latin vibe or whatever you want to call it.  I guess it's mostly a matter of personal taste but based on the renders shown  above I think it's very appealing and will be a nice addition to an already flashy skyline.  

• Like 3

On 1/29/2022 at 6:54 PM, KJHburg said:

I dont think it has up to Orlando.  I thought I saw a report they were testing it up there.  It is running in south Florida. 

Right.  Finished later this year with service to Orlando early next year...with a possible future station at Disney Springs even later.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2022 at 7:54 PM, KJHburg said:

I will ride it and tell you all about it :P

https://www.ft.com/content/77ee0d8d-bf74-4cc3-bde0-a064ce074726 

also this is a good article to read about what is happening in general in Miami. Many tech and financial workers are legitimately staying here which is surprising, but welcome to a degree. Many skyscrapers are being built and proposed as well. It’s an exciting time at least compared to previous decades here I am told. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

From the Bay Area's Santa Clara Fairgrounds, Major League Cricket Stadium, mass render 15,000 capacity, 14 acres (courtesy of YIMBY S.F.). Who knew there was such a thing as Major League Cricket in the U.S?

I always thought Elmington Park on West End would be the ideal location for Nashville's Major League Cricket oval. It's about the right size and Elmington Park already sounds like a cricket venue. Plus the surrounding neighborhood just screams we would watch cricket.

• Haha 1