Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

All these new and upcoming projects throughout our great country are exciting . But the one question I have is ; why does it seem that all the proposals in almost every city ( even the smaller ones) have creativity and flair and Nashville keeps getting boxes? Sometimes same architectural firms, same development companies, but we get blue glass box and painted stucco.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

All these new and upcoming projects throughout our great country are exciting . But the one question I have is ; why does it seem that all the proposals in almost every city ( even the smaller ones) have creativity and flair and Nashville keeps getting boxes? Sometimes same architectural firms, same development companies, but we get blue glass box and painted stucco.

Good question! I think some of the developers coming to Nashville are still skittish and afraid to be bold still being cheap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, KJHburg said:

News from over the mountains east...

2 major projects have been announced in the last month in Charlotte including the Riverside Development one today.  They are across the street from each other and both outside our freeway loop in an area between uptown and Southend. 

1. Riverside's project announced today and several anchor tenants are looking at it now and the one across the street.  At least 2 major banks are looking at this one. 

42 story 750,000 sq ft office tower   should be over 600 feet tall.  

650 apartments in 2 towers 30 and 40 stories  taller residential tower facing Southend

30,000 sq ft retail   10,000 sq ft wellness fitness center   10,000 sq ft of meeting and banquet space   1 acre ground level open space   1.5 acres above ground rooftop park 

2000 parking spots  4Q 2022 start completion in 2025/2026

2.  across the street in the rendering where a surface parking lot is shown is Crescent's Carson Southend project

31-story, mixed-use community combining nearly 565,000 square feet of Class A office space, a 200-key hotel, 100 premier multifamily units, and 10,000 square feet of activated retail, anchored by an 8,000 square foot amenity terrace.

The overall last rendering of the Crescent project shows the long block where the Riverside project will be built.  

riverside3.jpeg

riverside2.jpeg

riverside1.jpeg

carsonse2.jpg

carsonse1.jpg

Dang some top notch proposal if you ask me! Very impressive. 

• Like 3

On 3/10/2022 at 7:48 AM, Luvemtall said:

I agree. The Pinnacle, Albion, Circle South, Prime, and Moore are all boxes.

Very astute.

On 3/16/2022 at 4:30 PM, Licec said:

I agree. The Pinnacle, Albion, Circle South, Prime, and Moore are all boxes.

Very astute.

Luvem didn't say every project is a box.  I do agree that most of the newer projects are boxy.  Four Seasons.  Boxy.  501 Commerce.  Boxy.  1200 Broadway.  Boxy.  A1.  Boxy.  A2.  Boxy.  Broadwest.  Boxy.  Grand Hyatt.  Boxy.  One22One.  Boxy.  GU Tower.  Boxy.  The Place.  Boxy.  805 Lea.  Boxy.  Even one you mentioned (Prime) is boxy.   Let's hope projects like Albion and Pinnacle become more of the norm.

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 3