Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

The trees on top make it look like a half bald man or someone that got their Mohawk cut off. I still have a problem with viny crap growing up the side of a building. It does not make a building fit into the natural environment; I don't care what anyone says.

The building is nice otherwise.

• Like 3

So will the hotel it’s replacing be integrated into the project or demoed? I assume demoed considering you said replaced but it just seems a bit surprising having such an imposing, seemingly historic building, be demoed instead of integrated somehow. I love the new building’s look though. The outdoor spaces created by the protruding boxes are quite nice and  a welcome change from just a flat glass box. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 6:44 AM, markhollin said:

New renderings for Miami's proposed One Bayfront Plaza, 1,000+', 2 million sq. ft:

Miami, One Bayfront Plaza, 1,000+', 2 million sq ft, new render 1.png

This is a sharp building.  Yet you know what I find most impressive from this render...the train swooshing past.

On 4/24/2022 at 3:01 AM, Binbin98 said:

Some more clear photos of downtown Miami, Miami Beach and the port of Miami at night. I know Miami is known as a party town but there are some quiet and peaceful spots here as well.

Also this is a good spot to grieve in relative private. This month I have lost two family members (one being a dog) to cancer and I’m a bit lost in life. Sorry for not posting that much lately

Very sorry for your losses, @Binbin98and hoping you'll be kind to yourself as you come through the grief process.  

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Jacksonville's 3rd tallest tower is being proposed for the former Jacksonville Landing site.  It will be 44 stories, 486', featuring 333 residential units, 7,500 sq. ft. restaurant on top floor, and garage capacity of 330 (courtesy of YIMBY Florida):

1.png

2.png

3.png

I support the northern brother of Miami and all but I hate the ‘JAX’ sign in front of this building lmao. I really do