Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

Wondering if there has been any sort of environmental push back on this-looks they are tearing up a good portion of several mountainsides to do this in what is arguably one of the most beautiful regions in North America.

That last photo in particular looks like a tunnel would have been more appropriate than creating a deep chasm by blasting the mountainside basically in two.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

Likely not very relevant, but we tried out the new Buc-ee’s in Crossville while returning from a family reunion. Wow, is all I can say. A must stop for anyone on a road trip. Known, originally, for its vast and exceptionally clean restrooms this place has an abundance of good food, drinks, and from what I read (and experienced), 58,000 sf of 100s of wonderful snacks and wonderful touristy crap. 120 gas pumps. Cover story in the Friday Nashville Ledger. Packed with people and high energy. Hard to explain if you’ve never been. 

What a coincidence, I went there today haha. I overheard a customer talking to the manager or the owner I’m not sure, but he said he figures around 30,000 people a day are visiting that location right now. 

47 minutes ago, UrbanWes03 said:

What a coincidence, I went there today haha. I overheard a customer talking to the manager or the owner I’m not sure, but he said he figures around 30,000 people a day are visiting that location right now. 

Before Buc-ees went into super size store mode, their standard was more like this one that I passed on Wednesday in Eagle Lake, TX. 
Earlier this year they announced that they plan to replace their first “super” Buc-ees off I-10 in Luling, TX with a bigger store that will take the title of biggest gas/convenience/family travel center in the country, surpassing the one in Sevierville.

5BBA11E7-3124-4D9E-8496-51126797E673.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Before Buc-ees went into super size store mode, their standard was more like this one that I passed on Wednesday in Eagle Lake, TX. 
Earlier this year they announced that they plan to replace their first “super” Buc-ees off I-10 in Luling, TX with a bigger store that will take the title of biggest gas/convenience/family travel center in the country, surpassing the one in Sevierville.

5BBA11E7-3124-4D9E-8496-51126797E673.jpeg

Who needs Storyville Gardens?  Instead just build a GIAAANT Bucee's. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

https://phillyyimby.com/2022/09/excavation-underway-at-300-north-christopher-columbus-boulevard-in-northern-liberties-lower-north-philadelphia.html

300 North Christopher Columbus Boulevard. Credit: Handel Architects

BY: VITALI OGORODNIKOV 8:00 AM ON SEPTEMBER 7, 2022

A recent site visit by Philly YIMBY has discovered that excavation work is underway for a 315-foot-tall, 24-story tower at 300 North Christopher Columbus Boulevard in Northern Liberties. The development will span nearly an entire city block, bordered by North Christopher Columbus Boulevard to the east, Vine Street to the south, Water Street to the west, and Callowhill Street to the north. Designed by Handel Architects and developed by The Durst Organization, the 315-foot-tall tower will feature 10,094 square feet of ground-level retail as well as a new public park as part of the development. The site is located on the Delaware River waterfront a block to the north of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge, on the border between Northern Liberties to the north and Old City to the south.

• Like 2