Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

Yep, there is no way I would ever move to the sink hole as I call it. I know a lot of folks love it down there, but it is not for me. I am not for evacuating once or twice a year. That would just get old. I have never been a beach person. I must have drowned in a past life or something. I am more at home with Big Foot in the mountains if I go on vacation than I am swimming with the sharks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yep, there is no way I would ever move to the sink hole as I call it. I know a lot of folks love it down there, but it is not for me. I am not for evacuating once or twice a year. That would just get old. I have never been a beach person. I must have drowned in a past life or something. I am more at home with Big Foot in the mountains if I go on vacation than I am swimming with the sharks.

To be fair it’s not directly hitting me but there have been tornadoes and tornado warnings since yesterday. At this point there have been at least 9 tornado warnings here !

fort Myers is doomed :(

Edit: I was sadly right, fort Myers beach and where I lived in 2020 (Estero) is all underwater. The storm surge is worse than any other hurricane they have gotten including irma, Wilma, and charley…

Edited by Binbin98
  • Sad 2

On 9/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, Binbin98 said:

To be fair it’s not directly hitting me but there have been tornadoes and tornado warnings since yesterday. At this point there have been at least 9 tornado warnings here !

fort Myers is doomed :(

Edit: I was sadly right, fort Myers beach and where I lived in 2020 (Estero) is all underwater. The storm surge is worse than any other hurricane they have gotten including irma, Wilma, and charley…

7557F9D4-74EE-496B-A362-98D1E064DB5D.webp

3ED1413F-B168-4822-A6D9-AAC67B52BEB4.jpeg

9151DC0C-2634-4D7A-B496-B2A1DFA70CBA.jpeg

BBE6AFE4-181F-4DD9-8F26-FFC174FA370A.jpeg

E1044623-26F6-4664-83D7-9CDD33D7C060.jpeg

• Sad 4

12 hours ago, markhollin said:

Rendering for Miami's  World Center Block A, two 50 story  towers, mixed use (courtesy of YIMBY Florida):

I love this design like so many of the new buildings planned for Miami but I have to admit that now I'm really concerned about what a direct hit by a hurricane would do there, especially after hearing someone report that the winds high above the ground are much faster than the wind speed at street level!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 12:16 AM, UrbanWes03 said:

What a coincidence, I went there today haha. I overheard a customer talking to the manager or the owner I’m not sure, but he said he figures around 30,000 people a day are visiting that location right now. 

They have 2 locations between Dallas and Houston, the largest in Madisonville. The biggest in the chain are Madisonville and Wharton TX, identical sf. I took my sister to the Madisonville site when we were driving to Dallas about 10 years back, and didn't say anything to her about it. She got lost and it took us awhile to find each other. She told me that she walked up to a clerk kind of dumbfounded about not finding me and asked her "what kind of place is this".  Now she can go to the one just opened in AL, I think on 65 north of Birmingham where she lives.  Buc-ee's opens up largest store in Madisonville, Texas | ClutchFans 

Edited by dragonfly