Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

On 7/19/2019 at 4:15 PM, dmillsphoto said:

Lyon, France from July 2nd.

image.thumb.png.69c7e734cce0764f0bebf69ba2c8a981.png

I like the way the old quarter of European towns are a harmony of red roofs, unlike Nashville,  where every building clashes with every other building. Although we are starting now to get a sort of harmony of glass. Love France, love Italy!

Edited by archilove
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

This is the third year that my wife and I have recorded all the stages of the Tour de France.  We're not big cycling enthusiasts, we just love seeing the countryside, the churches, and the beauty of the towns.  We turn it on in the evening and weekends, turn the sound down, and enjoy the scenery.

Ha!  My wife and I do the same (except with sound on - we love Phil Liggett!).         We should have a viewing party!  

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 3:47 PM, CenterHill said:

Ha!  My wife and I do the same (except with sound on - we love Phil Liggett!).         We should have a viewing party!  

Phil is so pleasant to listen to.  This year, we've turned the sound up a little and are really enjoying him.  Just finished Stage 14 last night so no spoilers, please!

• Like 1

^^Wonderful pictures!  I recently met a family from Lomé in Mount Juliet.  While they love living in the US, they are fiercely proud of their Togolais heritage and still speak French in their home.  Not many Americans have ever been to Togo, much less even heard of it.  What took you there?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 5:51 AM, Binbin98 said:

Some photos I took while walking around London last night. Every city in the world can learn something from London about city infrastructure, public transportation and successfully mixing cultures together, especially Nashville. The skyline of London also is amazing, with old buildings standing in front of newer shiny skyscrapers up to 1000 feet tall, and while these skyscrapers might not be the world’s tallest, their designs are incredible. One of the best decisions in my life was to leave Nashville for London for university, and I’m happy to say that I will be living here indefinitely after school. This is my favorite city in the world for sure.

Like Nashville, London is booming! The skyline has changed a lot since i was studying there just 5 years ago. 

It's a perfect city for everyone, especially young people. I enjoyed every part of it. Especially the efficient mass transit.

22 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Like Nashville, London is booming! The skyline has changed a lot since i was studying there just 5 years ago. 

It's a perfect city for everyone, especially young people. I enjoyed every part of it. Especially the efficient mass transit.

Indeed! I'm in town once a month or so and it seems like there's something new going up every time. And the transit is hard to beat, equaled only perhaps by New York. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Logan has been undergoing some really great renovations and the ones that I have been seeing come across the local development forum there seem to improve it even better. Southwest just relocated all flights into Terminal B as things have been shifting around. I will say though, Terminal B is probably the worst terminal at Logan.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:51 AM, Binbin98 said:

Some photos I took while walking around London last night. Every city in the world can learn something from London about city infrastructure, public transportation and successfully mixing cultures together, especially Nashville. The skyline of London also is amazing, with old buildings standing in front of newer shiny skyscrapers up to 1000 feet tall, and while these skyscrapers might not be the world’s tallest, their designs are incredible. One of the best decisions in my life was to leave Nashville for London for university, and I’m happy to say that I will be living here indefinitely after school. This is my favorite city in the world for sure.

C5C398F9-AD24-4FEF-BDF6-09DDAA03E992.jpeg

5A9EE637-4837-419A-B884-D248BF123BD0.jpeg

3C1A1DA7-ADBD-48CE-BE95-AFD003C18AA7.jpeg

2B74FD0A-AA11-4523-9C4D-3B34407FDC74.jpeg

58D208CC-FDAF-4775-9C89-A91EE742AA92.jpeg

3C185F95-67E0-4ED5-ABE3-BE85F2C514EE.jpeg

My grandmama was born in Ealing, London

• Like 3