Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

2 hours ago, chc3 said:

I couldn’t leave Estonia out of this thread! I hadn’t been to Tallinn in almost 20 years and it now looks like a prosperous Scandinavian city, with no traces of its time as part of the USSR. I also visited Tartu, the university city SE of Tallinn. Six Tartu pics at the end, with views of the university and the Imperial Russian arch bridge.

I really enjoyed all of the photos you've posted!  Thanks! 

On 11/17/2022 at 1:12 PM, chc3 said:

I visited Kyiv on Ukraine’s Independence Day in 2018 and 2019. These photos from 2019 will give you a sense of the city’s unique beauty.

We visited Kyiv at the exact same time in 2019 - what a coincidence! Great experience for me. I was especially impressed by their transit infrastructure and underground commercial spaces. 

5 hours ago, trillhaslam said:

We visited Kyiv at the exact same time in 2019 - what a coincidence! Great experience for me. I was especially impressed by their transit infrastructure and underground commercial spaces. 

Wow, that’s amazing. I rarely met Americans the two times I was there. Before the current war, it’s a fair bet that 95% of Americans wouldn’t have been able to find it on a map.

I agree on the transit. Kyiv has some of the deepest stations in the world. Their metro is also spotlessly clean.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Atlantic City, New Jersey: a 140 acre, $3 billion mixed-use plan has been announced for the former Bader Field Airport to be built in 5 phases over 12 years. It will feature 10,000 residential. units, 400,000 sq. ft. of retail/office, a marina, and 20 acres of public amenity space (courtesy of YIMBY Philadelphia):

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 9.24.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 9.24.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 9.24.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 9.24.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 9.25.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 9.25.22 AM.png

What could possibly go wrong lol

• Haha 1