Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

I have no pics ready to post right now, but I am just catching up on reading while riding the train from Miami back to Ft Lauderdale. Just spent some time in South Beach. I did go to the beach for about 30 seconds. I came, I saw, I conquered and I left. I am not a beach person and if there were no beaches it would not affect my life in the least.

Yes I am a cynic of the worst kind. I am not an art lover either and there is some kind of art fest going on and artsie fartsy people are a big turn off to me. Other than that the transit grade here is a C. If you are in the Central Miami business area it is fine. Get outside of that and it is a very slow bus system and the people complain about it. The rail is primarily North South. The Metro Rail ends at the Miami airport, then it is a transfer to the trirail line. The problem with that  is they switch the N and S bound tracks so it is easy to get on the wrong train. No reason given. There is the Brightline, but is 40-60 dollars round trip.

The water taxi in Ft Lauderdale is a must do if you are here.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, markhollin said:

Bellevue, WA (6 miles east of Seattle, across Lake Washington):

Bellevue, WA, 1.png

Bellevue, WA, 2.png

Where else can you look east and see the Cascades and Mount Rainier and look west and see the Olympics! I’ll update Seattle and Bellevue when I’m up there in January.

• Like 4

Looks like you were in Page AZ. How bad was Lake Powell down?

Looks as if you went to Antelope Canyon too. That is always a great trip no matter which side you go to. Sedona is a really neat place to visit as well. Hope you made it to Monument Valley, but that is a bit out of the way but well worth the trip.

Great photos and wants to make me visit again......Actually move there! I love that area.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Looks like you were in Page AZ. How bad was Lake Powell down?

Looks as if you went to Antelope Canyon too. That is always a great trip no matter which side you go to. Sedona is a really neat place to visit as well. Hope you made it to Monument Valley, but that is a bit out of the way but well worth the trip.

Great photos and wants to make me visit again......Actually move there! I love that area.

Yes I stayed overnight in Page. Lake Powell was pretty low. I don't think it's at critical level yet, but could be by July 2023 they were saying.

This was one of my top roadtrips. Lower Antelope Canyon was amazing. Weather was perfect in Dec, not too cold or too hot. 

I definitely plan on doing another roadtrip starting in Salt Lake and visiting the parks in Utah. 

Another good road trip I've done. Pacific coast highway. Flew into San Jose and drove the coast down to San Diego. Stayed in Monterey, LA, and San Diego. Beautiful going thru Big Sur. 

• Like 3

I watched this the other night. I still question as to if this will be built. This is an office building and there are office buildings in upper midtown that are sitting 90% vacant right now. I realize that was brought up in the video. This has yet to start construction or get a loan, I think. The office vacancy in lower midtown & Times Square is better than upper MT. The problem is you have to be uber-wealthy to live there. A studio will set you back about 5000 k a month in Manhattan and around 3500 k if you live across the East River with a view of the city.

NYC is in big trouble right now. Rents are off the charts and office vacancies are at an all-time high. Something will have to give at some point. The crime rate is spiking, and the mayor and the PC are a bit clueless.

San Francisco is starting to feel the pinch as well with high office vacancies and their rents and property values are starting to plunge. Sooner or later, it will catch up with NYC. These empty office buildings will not be able to pay the taxes and the city will have a problem. They will attempt to make it up by taxing the residential buildings to replace lost revenue. City services are already starting to suffer.

• Like 4