Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

On 5/7/2020 at 1:16 AM, LA_TN said:

This is quite a shock to see. I know a lot about CSX, but little about Norfolk Southern. I would have never dreamed NS needed or could afford this massive of a complex. CSX has been counting pennies, but maybe @rookziecould shed some light on this

Norfolk Southern sold their land in the Gulch to CIM for 115 million I believe which went towards the cost of their new headquarters. NS also sold their old regional headquarters to Cousins Properties which also happens to be assisting in the development of their new headquarters. 

I'm also surprised Cousins Properties has not ventured into the Nashville market yet. 

Edited by Ric0_0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 2:26 PM, Rockatansky said:

I went to SLC in 1989. It was the cleanest big city I'd ever seen.

markhollin's post reminded me that the cleanest city I've ever been to is Singapore.  Apparently one of the reasons it's so clean is because it's also very strict.  They really don't fool around with anybody breaking the law and that includes things like littering, graffiti or even spitting.  That was a long time ago and I'd love to go back again, it's become a spectacular city that anyone who's into skyscrapers or architecture would love. 

• Like 2

I’m currently in southwest suburban Houston (Fort Bend County) and have spent several hours helping my friend/host prep the property for the tropical storm force winds that we expect on this side of Hurricane Laura. This will be a first for me! (It is not likely to be too bad over this way, thankfully.)

F20A7146-228F-4BEE-A0E8-6647552F5355.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

^Wow, thanks for that video!  That must have seemed so 'space age' to them back then.  Hell, in a way it still does!  The juxtaposition of the modern steel suspended train traveling over dirt roads with horse and buggies is so fascinating. 

And that magnificent architecture. Back when every building was a work of art.

• Like 3