Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
GRDadof3

Spectrum Health's new "consolidated offices" HQ's

Recommended Posts

I can relate to this thread.  My company just spent millions on their downtown Austin offices to create huddle rooms, collaboration areas, removing ceiling tiles to expose utilities, etc.  for a faux converted warehouse/loft/ start up vibe. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 6/10/2019 at 10:46 PM, jonrapley said:

Wish they tried to find some land downtown for this new building. But it seems SH is on a big cost cutting mission. 

Emerging word is that we did find some land in the North Monroe corridor.   I'm sure more detail will be coming shortly.  Very exciting!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, grandrollerz said:

Emerging word is that we did find some land in the North Monroe corridor.   I'm sure more detail will be coming shortly.  Very exciting!

That would be excellent news!

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, grandrollerz said:

It's posted internally, so safe to share!  I'm getting 1200 new neighbors.

image.png.35f1d6132473c2c05b2d6794c097a257.png

That is great news for downtown and Monroe North!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1200 employees in north Monroe should make for a pretty sizable facility.   I’m glad she factored the economic vitality in the region into her decision!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this is fantastic news for the city and North Monroe.

44 minutes ago, MJLO said:

1200 employees in north Monroe should make for a pretty sizable facility.

Display Pak building??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

Wow, this is fantastic news for the city and North Monroe.

Display Pak building??? 

I thought that too, but the internal post mentions "in walking distance of the Medical Mile".......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My SWAG is a new building on Bond street, replacing one of the older warehouses (maybe the blue one across the street from 601 Bond)? 

Joe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if Acrisure is moving 400 into Studio Park, it would seem Spectrum would need a huge spot for 1200......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ctpgr34 said:

I thought that too, but the internal post mentions "in walking distance of the Medical Mile".......

Good call. Completely overlooked that bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess would be some of the many empty lots the city owns for parking.  Though it would make sense for the city to vacate that stretch of Ionia north of the 196 and allow build outs to happen along the west side of Division.  With that new ramp access it has the best infrastructure to hand or that type of influx in traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GVSUChris said:

706 and 725 Bond are the sites they are looking at. Very interesting. 

GR Spring & Stamp and the lot across from them/behind hotel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is literally a Game Changer ™!  It could finally kick off major development in N. Monroe that isnt right on N. Monroe. I cringe a little that the new hotel is situated right by dingy warehouse plants that are just blank boxes, and this will certainly take care of that issue.

My only hope is that they utilize the space in a proper urban context, and dont construct something that belongs on the East Beltline or a tiny building on lot 725, while lot 706 is a massive parking lot

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

This is literally a Game Changer ™!  It could finally kick off major development in N. Monroe that isnt right on N. Monroe. I cringe a little that the new hotel is situated right by dingy warehouse plants that are just blank boxes, and this will certainly take care of that issue.

My only hope is that they utilize the space in a proper urban context, and dont construct something that belongs on the East Beltline or a tiny building on lot 725, while lot 706 is a massive parking lot

Agreed.  I hope the idea is not to just "fix up" the warehouse to warehouse people.    It will be interesting to see the plans.

EDIT:  I guess the Press article does state they are constructing a building,....

This could also be a catalyst for moving forward with the Ionia linear park.   This would be a great direct biking and walking route to  Spectrum's hospital campus.

GRForwardIoniaLinearFuture.jpg

Edited by mpchicago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

My only hope is that they utilize the space in a proper urban context, and dont construct something that belongs on the East Beltline or a tiny building on lot 725, while lot 706 is a massive parking lot

1200 people will bring a lot of vehicles (no, don't imagine they're all going to take transit.  Those habits are not there yet).  This will have to include parking, like it or not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, cstonesparty said:

1200 people will bring a lot of vehicles (no, don't imagine they're all going to take transit.  Those habits are not there yet).  This will have to include parking, like it or not...

Someone who works for Spectrum can correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought Spectrum already has a good system of having employees part in remote lots and bussing them in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, cstonesparty said:

1200 people will bring a lot of vehicles (no, don't imagine they're all going to take transit.  Those habits are not there yet).  This will have to include parking, like it or not...

Parking itself is totally fine, just hopefully some sort of ramp. If they dont, then really what is the point of being down there when they can do that for far cheaper along any suburban strip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

Parking itself is totally fine, just hopefully some sort of ramp. If they dont, then really what is the point of being down there when they can do that for far cheaper along any suburban strip?

Didn't we just have a discussion about why Spectrum SHOULDN'T move from downtown? ;)

I'd like to see them squeeze a building in on the 725 lot (fronting Monroe, although it could definitely be L shaped and go around the back of Embassy suites) and use the 706 lot on Bond for Parking. It'll would be interesting to know, are the 1200 people 9-5'ers, or do they run multiple shifts? Maybe they don't need parking for 1200 at one time? 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.