Events in Orlando

jrs2

32 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

I like full trains no matter the politics.  I just want full trains and more of them.

yeah, the crowd at Sunrail was amazing.  I think they ran it later because of the event.  

Most people on these boards would like to forget or ignore that this event ever occurred. 

Nevertheless, the reality is that Central Florida is a swing region in a major swing state and there have been and will be politicians hosting major events here for years to come, bringing with them people with wallets that spend money on area businesses.  

I could care less about politics, but I am all about major events (or major political events). 

Ignoring a major event like this that places Orlando in the epicenter of political relevancy just because of politics is shortsighted (for whomever has consciously done so on these boards).  

5 hours ago, HankStrong said:

Major events bring a lot of money here.

thank you!  it reminds me of that movie with Bill Murray, Scrooged, where he sees the waiter and thinks he's a ghost and exclaims "Are you him?  Are you him?!"  and then the waiter responds "Are you HE."  Actually, Buck Rogers himself corrected someone's grammar in one of the episodes from Season 1- I think Jamie Lee Curtis'.

2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

It's not so much the grammar issue with me, it's the reality of it.  If you have the ability to care less, then you probably care a lot about the topic and that changes the entire meaning of the sentence.

Oh, I see your point.  Gotcha. I could care less, i.e., I care more but could lower it a notch...got it... versus... I couldn't care any less than I already do...

So I probably should've said I couldn't care less.  

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

So I probably should've said I couldn't care less.  

Although if you were trying to say "well, I guess I could care less, but I'm not sure. I don't want to commit to the proposition that I don't have a single care about this issue" then I guess the "I could care less" wording works. Call it the wishy washy approach to caring. :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

Like you are at absolute zero in caring.

what's that in Kelvin?

2 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Although if you were trying to say "well, I guess I could care less, but I'm not sure. I don't want to commit to the proposition that I don't have a single care about this issue" then I guess the "I could care less" wording works. Call it the wishy washy approach to caring. :)

or...apathetic indifference...  yeah.  it works...

8 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Mayor Buddy’s State of the City address, bumped aside last Tuesday by the appearance of The Very Stable Genius, is back on!

Tomorrow morning at DPAC 10- 11:30am or on Facebook if you’ve given your soul to Mr. Zuckerberg.

I'll be there! Seating is limited and City Staff is being asked not to attend (except a few) so be sure to arrive early if you want to be in the room. 

Edited by smileguy
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, smileguy said:

I'll be there! Seating is limited and City Staff is being asked not to attend (except a few) so be sure to arrive early if you want to be in the room. 

How was it?  I missed this post and just saw it.