Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
jrs2

Events in Orlando

Recommended Posts

Trump 2020 rally last night in Amway Center.

In the last photo, that's the crowd waiting to catch Sunrail after the rally.

20190618_202236.jpg

20190618_202227.jpg

20190618_215848.jpg

Edited by jrs2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


32 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

I like full trains no matter the politics.  I just want full trains and more of them.

yeah, the crowd at Sunrail was amazing.  I think they ran it later because of the event.  

Most people on these boards would like to forget or ignore that this event ever occurred. 

Nevertheless, the reality is that Central Florida is a swing region in a major swing state and there have been and will be politicians hosting major events here for years to come, bringing with them people with wallets that spend money on area businesses.  

I could care less about politics, but I am all about major events (or major political events). 

Ignoring a major event like this that places Orlando in the epicenter of political relevancy just because of politics is shortsighted (for whomever has consciously done so on these boards).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

I couldn't care less about politics, but I am all about major events (or major political events). 

Major events bring a lot of money here.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HankStrong said:

Major events bring a lot of money here.

thank you!  it reminds me of that movie with Bill Murray, Scrooged, where he sees the waiter and thinks he's a ghost and exclaims "Are you him?  Are you him?!"  and then the waiter responds "Are you HE."  Actually, Buck Rogers himself corrected someone's grammar in one of the episodes from Season 1- I think Jamie Lee Curtis'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not so much the grammar issue with me, it's the reality of it.  If you have the ability to care less, then you probably care a lot about the topic and that changes the entire meaning of the sentence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

It's not so much the grammar issue with me, it's the reality of it.  If you have the ability to care less, then you probably care a lot about the topic and that changes the entire meaning of the sentence.

Oh, I see your point.  Gotcha. I could care less, i.e., I care more but could lower it a notch...got it... versus... I couldn't care any less than I already do...

So I probably should've said I couldn't care less.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

So I probably should've said I couldn't care less.  

Although if you were trying to say "well, I guess I could care less, but I'm not sure. I don't want to commit to the proposition that I don't have a single care about this issue" then I guess the "I could care less" wording works. Call it the wishy washy approach to caring. :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

Like you are at absolute zero in caring.

what's that in Kelvin?

2 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Although if you were trying to say "well, I guess I could care less, but I'm not sure. I don't want to commit to the proposition that I don't have a single care about this issue" then I guess the "I could care less" wording works. Call it the wishy washy approach to caring. :)

or...apathetic indifference...  yeah.  it works...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

what's that in Kelvin

I believe in this instance we use the ZFG scale, so absolute would be -273.15 ZFG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayor Buddy’s State of the City address, bumped aside last Tuesday by the appearance of The Very Stable Genius, is back on!

Tomorrow morning at DPAC 10- 11:30am or on Facebook if you’ve given your soul to Mr. Zuckerberg.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Mayor Buddy’s State of the City address, bumped aside last Tuesday by the appearance of The Very Stable Genius, is back on!

Tomorrow morning at DPAC 10- 11:30am or on Facebook if you’ve given your soul to Mr. Zuckerberg.

I'll be there! Seating is limited and City Staff is being asked not to attend (except a few) so be sure to arrive early if you want to be in the room. 

Edited by smileguy
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, smileguy said:

I'll be there! Seating is limited and City Staff is being asked not to attend (except a few) so be sure to arrive early if you want to be in the room. 

How was it?  I missed this post and just saw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jrs2 said:

How was it?  I missed this post and just saw it.

No big announcements, which is surprising in an election year. Lots of pragmatic focus on creating an environment for success as new technologies come online. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.