Events in Orlando

jrs2

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Orlando’s “Fireworks At the Fountain” will begin at 4pm on Independence Day (Monday) with the fireworks scheduled for 9:15pm.

Everyone who’s anyone in Central Florida will be there! (unless it rains)…

I've heard the top of the SODO Target garage is a nice place to see the fireworks from. Haven't tried it myself....maybe this will be the year!?

Edited by angela1117
  • Like 1

I’ve heard the same (as well as the Orlando Health decks) but haven’t ever tried it.  

If you are on the southern end of SoDo, many of the well-to-do lakefront owners on Pineloch, Jessamine, Conway Chain, Holden, all pull out their measuring sticks that night to see who can blow up the most stuff.  Sort of like what you get on the Lake Bryan chain in Windermere except they aren’t billionaires one-upping Disney for an evening (highly recommended viewing)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, angela1117 said:

I've heard the top of the SODO Target garage is a nice place to see the fireworks from. Haven't tried it myself....maybe this will be the year!?

24 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Ooooh - good idea! @Jernigan, our Mayor of SoDo, would be the perfect host!

Not to mention Target right downstairs with all that good food and tasty refreshments!!!

And all those restaurants, too. 

I could hit Taco Bell for a bag of tacos and grab some beer at Target, kick back in my ride and enjoy the show. 

Orlando Health would have the better view, though.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JFW657 said:

Not to mention Target right downstairs with all that good food and tasty refreshments!!!

And all those restaurants, too. 

I could hit Taco Bell for a bag of tacos and grab some beer at Target, kick back in my ride and enjoy the show. 

Good & Gather Homestyle Guacamole is awesome for store bought guac - I’m addicted. 

10 hours ago, JFW657 said:

True, that Heart Institute is a pretty tall one!

10 hours ago, Jernigan said:

I’ve heard the same (as well as the Orlando Health decks) but haven’t ever tried it.  

If you are on the southern end of SoDo, many of the well-to-do lakefront owners on Pineloch, Jessamine, Conway Chain, Holden, all pull out their measuring sticks that night to see who can blow up the most stuff.  Sort of like what you get on the Lake Bryan chain in Windermere except they aren’t billionaires one-upping Disney for an evening (highly recommended viewing)

We are on the southern end of of SoDo but definitely not in the well to do lakefront category but still get to listen to the non stop booms which generally start on the afternoon of the 3rd and go through at least until the 5th sometimes 6th. Just once I'd like to see the collective pile of cash put into all those booms.

We went a little overboard  with fireworks at our house for the 4th in 2020 since it was the year I retired. I was talking to a neighbor just before New Years Eve that year and she said how much they were looking forward to our fireworks on New Years Eve. I had to explain that the 4th was a one off to celebrate my Independence from work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, angela1117 said:

True, that Heart Institute is a pretty tall one!

We are on the southern end of of SoDo but definitely not in the well to do lakefront category but still get to listen to the non stop booms which generally start on the afternoon of the 3rd and go through at least until the 5th sometimes 6th. Just once I'd like to see the collective pile of cash put into all those booms.

We went a little overboard  with fireworks at our house for the 4th in 2020 since it was the year I retired. I was talking to a neighbor just before New Years Eve that year and she said how much they were looking forward to our fireworks on New Years Eve. I had to explain that the 4th was a one off to celebrate my Independence from work. 

I bet a lot of these people who stock up on three days worth of fireworks drop well over a thousand bucks on them.

And with the current level of inflation, probably over two thousand.

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I bet a lot of these people who stock up on three days worth of fireworks drop well over a thousand bucks on them.

And with the current level of inflation, probably over two thousand.

Easily! I'd rather use that kind of money to travel somewhere....quietly ;)

Although your remark about inflation gives me hope that maybe there won't be so many this year. Yeah, sure...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, angela1117 said:

Easily! I'd rather use that kind of money to travel somewhere....quietly ;)

Although your remark about inflation gives me hope that maybe there won't be so many this year. Yeah, sure...

At least gas was down 35c/gallon last weekend. We shall remain ever hopeful!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Oh boy! The Boss will be at the Am Feb 5.

Tix go on sale Wed July 20.

Everybody sing: “Born In the USA”

I'm sure the tix will be reasonably priced :lol: I did register as a verified fan with Ticketmaster and they'll let me know next week if I'll have the opportunity to pay through the nose for seats. 

The first time I saw him in 1975 it was 5.50 plus Ticketron fee.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I know them well - lots of lessons to learn from The Boss.  Meanwhile, I chose not to think of what a certain mayor has done to “My Hometown”. Plus, I never had a Buick…

Even as a kid I was big into song lyrics and due to a certain level of naivety I didn't understand adults didn't catch their meaning.  There are a ton of songs that if you listen they aren't quite what they seem.  My mom loved "Every Breath You Take" and I asked her why she liked such a creepy song.  She was like "it's not creepy" and I was like "mom, it's totally creepy and you should listen to the lyrics." 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 5:37 PM, angela1117 said:

I'm sure the tix will be reasonably priced :lol: I did register as a verified fan with Ticketmaster and they'll let me know next week if I'll have the opportunity to pay through the nose for seats. 

The first time I saw him in 1975 it was 5.50 plus Ticketron fee.

I'm saving so much money by not going! As a verified fan with Ticketmaster I could've gotten seats in the 200 section for $775. Edit to say it's $775 for 4 seats so it's at 193.75 plus whatever fees.  :tw_rage: That's still ridiculous!

I'm happy with the memories of previous shows I've been to and no longer feel the need to even check prices.

Edited by angela1117
clarify ticket price
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because this is what you’ve been waiting for!

Monster Jam returns to Orlando this fall at Camping World Stadium
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/events/os-et-monster-jam-orlando-fall-2022-camping-world-stadium-20220803-fewjtyngy5botpr4n5sxa565am-story.html

From The Sentinel 

Tickets go on sale Aug 9.

The Downtown Charge On! Tour is this Friday at Ace Cafe from 5-8pm. I know everyone will be there, especially since it’s before Buddy’s Bad Boys are set loose to destroy the historic core later in the evening.

Fan Fest will follow on Saturday at the Addition Arena on the main campus:

https://ucfknights.com/news/2022/7/28/general-downtown-chargeon-tour-fanfest-to-kick-off-2022-ucf-athletics-season.aspx