Lofts at Front Street (Completed)

Norf Native

Normally can’t do full story posts, but as it appears to be a news release from the company itself I’ll allow it. Also, we already have a thread for this so it will be merged later.

Going forward, please try to limit posts, news release or otherwise, to a short excerpt or paragraph with a link. You may also include a link with your own summary of the information contained within it.

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

An extended stay type of hotel, preferably something nice like an Embassy Suites, is highly needed in Fort Norfolk as well. Most major hospitals have hotels right in their vicinity except Sentara/CHKD/EVMS. But yes, with these lofts, the area is starting to come together. Need some height behind these lofts though beside the River tower. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zeppelin14 said:

An extended stay type of hotel, preferably something nice like an Embassy Suites, is highly needed in Fort Norfolk as well. Most major hospitals have hotels right in their vicinity except Sentara/CHKD/EVMS. But yes, with these lofts, the area is starting to come together. Need some height behind these lofts though beside the River tower. 

I’d like to see some towers right next to the light rail line in those 2 massive parking lots fronting Brambleton. It’ll create a nice corridor effect with CHKD and EVMS on the other side. It’s strange how we’re seeing more construction starts during this *depression than we did when the economy was booming. I was expecting a lot of these projects to stall out.

• 4 months later...

That's the Lofts, and I think this thread is mistitled. there was some confusion earlier because it seemed like there were two projects, one named front Street flats and one names the lofts at front Street. It appears those projects were one of the same. Most of the post in this thread have to do with the Roebuck.

1 hour ago, vdogg said:

That's the Lofts, and I think this thread is mistitled. there was some confusion earlier because it seemed like there were two projects, one named front Street flats and one names the lofts at front Street. It appears those projects were one of the same. Most of the post in this thread have to do with the Roebuck.

Sorry, my bad! As a mod can you just move my post in here to that thread? Seems like it's the correct one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am thoroughly confused by this project. I did not realize that it was going to be two separate buildings, but there’s another building that’s about at it's fourth floor that’s behind the main building, that’s not easily visible from the road.

So what's going on here? This appears to be far beyond the scope of the original renderings or the planning documents. When did this change? It looks like they're starting another section on the pier.

Screenshot_20210831-130855_Chrome.jpg

On 8/27/2018 at 11:21 PM, BFG said:

I think this is a new one...looks like it would go next to the Front Street Flats building.  It's getting exciting to see some development happening over there. I don't know if any of these renderings represent the building, but if so, it has a slick, modern look........can't wait to see it converted to something mundane and generic!

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 11.18.18 PM.png

I think we may have been misunderstanding the scope of this project and now this is beginning to make sense. 2 buildings from the same developer on the same property. One is called the "Lofts at Front Street" and the other is called "Front Street Flats".