Lofts at Front Street (Completed)

Norf Native

Are there any plans for restaurants in any of these apartments? When I worked at Channel 13, I always thought that pier would make a nice companion for people living, dining, or shopping over that way. Even a boat slip would be cool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BFG said:

Are there any plans for restaurants in any of these apartments? When I worked at Channel 13, I always thought that pier would make a nice companion for people living, dining, or shopping over that way. Even a boat slip would be cool. 

I don't believe so, no.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Not necessarily. I’m getting DC/Alexandria vibes from the one apartment building. A mid-rise cluster of 4-10 story residential with retail and restaurants would look awesome, esp. off the light rail line. 

However, I’m not against a tower where WVEC-13 and the Red Cross could set up shop. 

• Like 1

This has me wondering whether a hotel is in the works at some point. I think you need something over there...nothing fancy but something like a Residence Inn or Candlewood Suites. I know there's a Residence Inn a mile up Brambleton, but Fort Norfolk could use its own long-term hotel.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BFG said:

This has me wondering whether a hotel is in the works at some point. I think you need something over there...nothing fancy but something like a Residence Inn or Candlewood Suites. I know there's a Residence Inn a mile up Brambleton, but Fort Norfolk could use its own long-term hotel.

An Aloft or Moxy would be cool here. Trendy but affordable.

• Like 1

Hopefully we see some infrastructure improvements in the area. There is decent foot traffic and people walking dogs along Front Street, but the roads are terrible and there’s no sidewalks or crosswalks. Same issues with the Railroad District. It’s time for capital improvements to encourage more development opportunities, walkability, and just improve the overall feel of some of these neighborhoods that are obviously gaining traction and activity.

• Like 3

As nice as this development will be, to this day I lament the loss of the facade of those old Atlantic City, Front St. cotton warehouses. Irreplaceable character, lost forevermore.  https://colleyavenue.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/atlanticcity_sgtmem_042.jpg    Pic from 2007. Yes, I realize that some of the land was already vacant....

Edited by baobabs727

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • vdogg changed the title to Lofts at Front Street (Completed)
  • vdogg unpinned this topic