Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retorsky

EA HQ Orlando

Filed under Gossip

Rumor has it that Electronic Arts is about to drop the bomb on a ton of employees. My network of tipsters is telling me that EA plans to announce big layoffs today and that the mass firings will be the first step in a move from Cali to sunny Florida.

Word has it that good ol Jeb Bush has relaxed some of the already sweat-shop like labor laws of the Sunshine state to attract the world

Filed under Gossip

Rumor has it that Electronic Arts is about to drop the bomb on a ton of employees. My network of tipsters is telling me that EA plans to announce big layoffs today and that the mass firings will be the first step in a move from Cali to sunny Florida.

Word has it that good ol Jeb Bush has relaxed some of the already sweat-shop like labor laws of the Sunshine state to attract the world

Filed under Gossip

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This does dovetail nicely with a rumor about 10 days ago that some big company was talking with the NuPizzuti guys about relocating their HQ. But, the Hughey and 50 location is also a prime candidate. Both locations are just a few blocks from the UCF Interactive Media school.

From the Evil Avitar ... Daily Gaming News:

"Fighting the internet rumor mill, I contacted some of my sources inside the gaming giant that is Electronic Arts, and they have confirmed for me that Electronic Arts is not planning a round of layoffs today - or any day in the future.

My sources say that Electronic Arts is not laying people off, they are hiring like madmen and that while they are expanding a studio in Florida, there is no plans to close up their California operations and move them to the deep south."

Is is me or can anyone else imagine a new EA Sports Arena or EA Sports Bowl?  Marketing at it's finest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats a great idea...you should mention it to them via e-mail. Give them more reason to build downtown. Does anybody know how long TD Waterhouse has the naming rights to the Orena?

I think that TD Waterhouse loses the rights within the next year. But pretty sure Fifth Third Bank is trying to get them.