Wellington Construction

TheBostonian

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk about initiative!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm in this weird limbo land right now where i'm not in school and i don't have a job. i have nothing but time on my hands and it's getting to me! :wacko:

but, we are going up to our new apartment in malden this weekend to do some cleaning and a little prep work before our pod is shipped up, so it won't be much of a detour to swing by there and take some pics. B)

i'm in this weird limbo land right now where i'm not in school and i don't have a job. i have nothing but time on my hands and it's getting to me!  :wacko:

but, we are going up to our new apartment in malden this weekend to do some cleaning and a little prep work before our pod is shipped up, so it won't be much of a detour to swing by there and take some pics.  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent.

ok, i know i'm a little late, but i got your pics RIGHT HERE!

first, from the front of wellington station:

IMG_0604.jpg

going way out of my way (i didn't know about the shuttle until coming back) new residential across the road

IMG_0605.jpg

mmm, krispy kreme! and what's that behind it? steel!

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

let's get a better look, from the top of the parking garage:

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

looks like they are clearing the area for phase II behind the garage

IMG_0612.jpg

now for some bonus pix:

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

i rode the shuttle back to wellington station. weeee!

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

the end.

what kind of shuttle do they use to get to Wellington?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's actually a cool automated shuttle system. if you look at the next to last pic, the tracks directly in front are for the shuttles. (i took that and the last pic while traveling across in the shuttle.) also, 2 pics before that one is another shot of the tracks. there are two of them, only one was operating when i was there today. they run between the station and the parking garage. you simply press a button to call the shuttle from one end of the tracks to the other and hop inside when the doors open. about 15 seconds later, the doors close and you are taken to the other side. there were signs that said that there is no need to press the button during rush hour. they are on an automatic schedule during that time.

apparently, these are going to be doing double duty once this new project is complete. i wonder if it will be adequate, or if they have plans to somehow increase the capacity. it looked like you could fit about 20 people in each one.

Damn now thats a railyard!  That pic you took ON the tracks on a bridge, is that for commuter rail trains?

Nice pics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually, it is just for the shuttles. see my previous reply to youbetternot. i should have taken a picture of the actual shuttles. i thought they were cool.

• 1 month later...

thanks,

i figured that most of the people who visit archboston also visit this site. these pics are pretty old now. i may take some more pictures in the near future. if so, i'll post them on both sites. i drove by there today actually. it's progressing nicely.

Archived