Jeff Lynch to buy Former Lowes on Roper Mtn. Road

RestedTraveler

Here's an interesting (and a very smart one, too) move:

Jeff Lynch Appliance and TV Center is moving from Pleasantburg Rd. to Roper Mountain Rd. to the site of the former Lowes (which relocated in March to the Shops at Greenridge).

Source

This will put Jeff Lynch literally right in the center of a growing market and will also be a perfect re-use for an empty "big box" retail location.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is excellent news! That was a great location and I am a bit surprised that Lowe's left just to move a mile down the road. Good job by Jeff Lynch to pounce on it.

I am concerned about the Pleasantburg area. I was concerned about Laurens Road too, with so many stores leaving to go to Woodruff, but with ICAR I think it will be okay in the long run - especially if Wal-Mart builts a Supercenter there.

What is to become of the old location?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are actually two separate locations on Pleasantburg Road that Jeff Lynch has. One is the retail store, which is near Fresh Market/Bi-Lo at East North Street and Pleasantburg. The other location is also on another part of Pleasantburg, just a couple of miles from the retail store...it's the warehouse where Jeff Lynch receives and from where they delivers their appliances.

I would imagine that Jeff Lynch will use the new location as both retail and warehouse space, which is definitely a factor of efficiency that will benefit them; therefore, there will be two empty locations along Pleasantburg.

Still, a very wise move on the part of Jeff Lynch.

There are actually two separate locations on Pleasantburg Road that Jeff Lynch has.  One is the retail store, which is near Fresh Market/Bi-Lo at East North Street and Pleasantburg.  The other location is also on another part of Pleasantburg, just a couple of miles from the retail store...it's the warehouse where Jeff Lynch receives and from where they delivers their appliances.

I would imagine that Jeff Lynch will use the new location as both retail and warehouse space, which is definitely a factor of efficiency that will benefit them; therefore, there will be two empty locations along Pleasantburg.

Still, a very wise move on the part of Jeff Lynch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I understand, Jeff Lynch also has another warehouse, so it will be a consolidation of the retail and 2 warehouses.

I first learned Jeff Lynch was moving several months ago. One of the employees knew that a contract had been made on a property, and wanted me to find out at the time, which I could not. Shortly thereafter, the employees were told, and signed confidentiality agreement, so I did not know where they would be moving.

They are very excited about the move, and looks like it is going to be pretty quick. I think they would like to get in before the end of the year ... but realilistically, it might be January. They would not move in December.

Really glad to see that in the era of the big boxes that a local company can compete and thrive against them.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is too bad that the Jeff Lynch site on Pleasantburg will be empty, but it is a great move for them and for Greenville to move to the old Lowe's on Roper Mountain Road. They are showing great foresight to do that, and I hope they find it to be worth their effort.

The impressive/courageous thing is that Jeff Lynch went ahead and purchased the Roper Mountain property outright. It's pretty much a one-way deal. There is no lease for them to back out of if things go dire. They are ambitiously expanding the amount of space they will use in order to compete with the big box retailers... in a building that a company from the big box establishment deemed unworthy.

I hope it works for them.

The impressive/courageous thing is that Jeff Lynch went ahead and purchased the Roper Mountain property outright. It's pretty much a one-way deal. There is no lease for them to back out of if things go dire. They are ambitiously expanding the amount of space they will use in order to compete with the big box retailers... in a building that a company from the big box establishment deemed unworthy.

I hope it works for them.

I agree! I think the reward will be worth their risk in this case, however. I know that, for one, have purchased and will in the future purchase major appliances or electronics from Jeff Lynch before I will one of the chains (Best Buy, Circuit City, H.H. Gregg, Sears). :thumbsup:

I know that, for one, have purchased and will in the future purchase major appliances or electronics from Jeff Lynch before I will one of the chains (Best Buy, Circuit City, H.H. Gregg, Sears). :thumbsup:

The problem that I've had is that due to errands and whatnot, my family and I tend to do alot of our shopping on Sundays. Jeff Lynch is closed on Sundays. We ended up getting our TV from Circuit City. Shame on me!

Archived