Signature Tower

Onyte9

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had in another thread, I don't remember which one, that it will break ground in 2006. I have a high school classmate, not a close friend, who is the project engineer on the Virdian. They have the contract to build Signature, however; that does not mean it is going to be 55 floors. Since Suntrust Plaza is official, that is one less tenant for Signature. Tony will put something on that site. IMHO, I think it will be a 25-35 story condo or possibly 40 stories with a boutique hotel.

However;

I really think Signature may be something else we Need downtown. 5 stories of retail and 20-27 stories or so of condo's.

We already have too many hotels we cannot fill downtown. ( My hotel is at 50% this week) We have an office vacancy rate of 12%-13%. I really think there is no market for a building that size in downtown Nashville. I do not think West End Summit will happen either. There are thousands of businesses with long term leases in Brentwood and Cool Springs area, not to mention the airport and Metro Center that are not up for awhile. Moving a business from Brentwood and then having to charge people to park will cause some problems. I have people beotch all the time about having to pay to park. In suburban office parks, no one pays to park. The future of downtown skyscrapers are going to be condo's, and retail for the residents and hotel patrons. It would not suprise me to see the L&C converted to condo's at some time in the next 10 years.

I had in another thread, I don't remember which one, that it will break ground in 2006. I have a high school classmate, not a close friend, who is the project engineer on the Virdian. They have the contract to build Signature, however; that does not mean it is going to be 55 floors. Since Suntrust Plaza is official, that is one less tenant for Signature. Tony will put something on that site. IMHO, I think it will be a 25-35 story condo or possibly 40 stories with a boutique hotel.

However;

I really think Signature

careful Knox, I found out very quickly that this site can be a very good source of info on development. Especially Doorman, who is obviously about as well informed as possible, and from REAL sources--ie William Williams. Besides that's the fun of a site like this, speculation and dreaming of what the future might hold.

I'll agree that sometimes rumors, gossip, and hearsay can be true. In fact, the national enquirer has broken some big stories, but I doubt most people would view it as a reliable source at all times. The problem that can arise, which I have witnessed on this forum several times, is WHICH "doorman" does one believe. Refer to thread "New Height for SunTrust Plaza, 16 stories, not 13" over the claim that the building will actually have more stories that announced originally. Of course, now we know that it is going to be the original 13 stories.

I do admit, I enjoy reading all the threads on here, and I always read what informants like doormanpoet writes.

careful Knox, I found out very quickly that this site can be a very good source of info on development.  Especially Doorman, who is obviously about as well informed as possible, and from REAL sources--ie William Williams.  Besides that's the fun of a site like this, speculation and dreaming of what the future might hold.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

News changes, if you haven't noticed. West End Summit was once approved and now is pretty much dead. Thats the same with the Suntrust height thing. It was no rumor, it really was 16 stories, but Suntrust backed out. People aren't here to spread those "nasty little rumors," when something is announced, they spread the word. That's all, it really is pretty reliable, believe it or not.

I never purposely give false rumour or information. My sources are people like William Williams, Ted Welch, Richard Fletcher of the Nashville City Center Partnership, Tony Giarratanna ( I have met him on several ocassions) and other people in the media. Hastings released information on Suntrust regarding height. Buildings frequently change height its called a "fluid design." There are 3 renditions of West End Summit on the internet.

In regards to Brentwood, several companies in Brentwood had downtown and Green Hills locations at one time. They were lured to Maryland Farms for various reasons including the parking issue and the fact people living in suburban areas would have easier access to work rather than battling the interstate everyday. Comdata Corporation is a prime example of a company that was in Green Hills and moved to Brentwood. Comapnies like the defunct Service Merchandise Company was originally on Murfreesboro Road and then went to Cool Springs. PMT Services (now part of Citicorp) used to be located on 4th Avenue and they went to Brentwood.

I have also stated the ever changing saga of the new Federal Courthouse has been delayed until late 2006, now I was told today that it may be back on schedule because they were taking measurements and doing core samples recently.

I never intend to mislead anyone on this forum or on SSP or SSC.

John :thumbsup:

Doormanpoet, I never thought you meant to mislead people. Like I said, I always read your posts, and I am sure I will continue. As to my comment about posting rumors I hear rumors all the time as well. Just two years ago, I heard through someone on the metro council that Nashville did not want to invest money in the Sounds because they were working in getting a MLB team. Another was the gossip around town that Amtrack was expanding to Nashville. But I never buy into things like that until I see them in black and white in the press. I just feel that sometime a post is made on here and every jumps right on the bandwagon. As cheerokid was asking me if I had noticed "things change", I know they do, that is why I wait to read the announcements in the papers and then see what people on the forum think. I guess I just feel there is not reason to start discussing hearsay and rumors because things DO change on the drop of a hat. . A perfect example is West End Summit. I have never thought twice about if and when they are going to build it, because to me what is the point until I see a work crew on sight building a building. Although, I would assume something will be built there because they have spent to much time and money on that piece of land and that Masonic lodge they bought and demolished. Another is Doorman

I promise that I wasn't quoting you. You know all those people out there that talk about the nasty little rumors, or the nasty little lies, and stuff like taht. I felt it needed quotations, that's all. Otherwise it would seem like I think all the rumors all nasty and little. I never make up quotes from someone else. That's really rude, and try not to make every hate me. Sorry if you found that offensive, I honestly swear I didn't mean to be rude to you. Sorry.

I understand what you are saying, Knox, it can be frustrating. To me the most dissapointing news of late is the Sounds stadium. I just don't understand how that is being allowed to happen. I guess, financially, I can understand the difficulties of it, but it seems too important to let it get away. I am an absolute sports nut, but the stadium isn't really even the important part of the project, its the neighborhood that it would create. Having the Struever Bros. here in town would have been big--they have done huge projects in Baltimore, of course including being involved in the Camden Yards development.

• 2 weeks later...

i really hope they work this out. The hotel buisness downtown needs more places for our guests to go. The ballpark would be great for guest to go on a Tuesday night when there is nothing else to do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with this.. Nashville's skyline will be incredible. :)

Hell! I'll be lucky if the towers proposed in Charlotte ever get built, unfortunatly which I doubt. :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

I had coffee with a friend on Friday. He agrees. This will get done, Tony is very charasmatic and "out there" in the community drumming up support something Alex S. Palmer has not done, or if he has, I have not seen him on television like Tony G. has. You have to wonder why Suntrust Plaza is already happening after less than a year it was announced, when WES Summit three years later has done nothing?

Archived