Florida Cities

vladittude0583

Which Florida City Would You Rather Live In?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Florida City Would You Rather Live In?

• Pensacola
    • Panama City
    • Tallahassee
    • Jacksonville
    • Gainesville
    • Orlando
    • Tampa
    • Miami
    • Ft. Lauderdale
    • Naples
    • West Palm Beach
    • St. Augustine
    • Daytona Beach
    • Key West
    • St. Petersburg
    • Ocala
    • Fernandina Beach

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have lived in Ft. Myers for eighteen years, Tallahassee for four and Jacksonville for one, and honestly I love just about every city that I have spent time in in Florida.

With that said, if I could afford to settle down and live in any of the cities in Florida right now it would be Naples. The city is beautiful, clean, relatively upscale and has the restaurants/golf courses/resorts of major cities without the problems (traffic/crime/sprawl) that typically coincide with them. Naples and Bonita are just beautiful areas near the coast, and while Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando and Miami battle amongst themselves over which city is best, the Ft. Myers/Bonita Springs/Estero/Naples area is slowly creeping up as the hottest area in Florida.

^I agree with Viper. Perhaps we should move/replicate this thread in the general FL area.

This was a hard vote to make, because I like most places in FL, and I've lived for quite some time in Jax ans in South Florida. But I voted for Jax, preferrably in downtown Jax.

I highly advise against placing this in the general Florida post. Unless, of course, you'd like to see 90+ pages of city vs. city bickering. Personally, I avoid the topics; "Which city is best?", "X city wants Y city's team", etc.

That said, I voted for Orlando (hometown bias, but I still think it's the perfect sized city for what it has now). Second is Miami (so much to do, so little time), followed by Tampa (hey, they have Busch Gardens), then West Palm Beach, Tallahassee, and Key West.

Jax didn't make my list, because I've only been to Jax once during my high school years and my school was playing Raines High School in the state football playoffs. I was in the marching band for my school in Orlando (Evans High) and when we were marching off of Raines' field, their fans threw chicken bones at us. For some reason, that is the lasting impression I'll always have about Jacksonville. You can thanks Raines High School for that.

Chicken Bones??  Hahaha.  :lol: 

I hardly think that crowd is representative of the city at large.  Most people here are very nice, but we do take football seriously.  Who won the game, by the way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, Didn't mean ALL of Jacksonville, just Raines High School. Since I'm not from there, I hardly know about the character of the Raines district, but throwing chicken bones at the opposing team's Band is a good guess. However, it's actually quite hillarious now that I think about it. :rofl:

BTW, My high school (Evans High) won. This was back in 1991 (or 92?) during the Class 5A State Championships. I guess our team's winning had something to do with the chicken bones???

I DO remember the bus ride back to Orlando from Jacksonville that night and (even as an "i don't care teenager") I was VERY impressed by the Jax skyline. This was of course almost 15 years ago, so I know quite a lot has changed.

Posting this in the Jacksonville board will give a biased result including my own vote but of my experiences in Florida, I still like J-ville the most.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed. i think the masses who live in Florida have already spoken about their favorite places to live (where they currently reside). i personally like WPB the best of any Florida city i have thus far seen.

live in jax, just hate the way everything is so stinking sprawled out here.

Archived