Columbia is a top 5 city for millennials

CLT_sc

• 7 months later...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new quarterly program will deliver an up-close look at Columbia's charms while helping the city recruit and retain professional talent, organizers hope.

Crash Course Columbia, a joint initiative of nonprofit organization Columbia Opportunity Resource and city tourism arm Experience Columbia SC, will give participants a behind-the-scenes glimpse of local attractions as well as a firsthand look at upcoming area development.

The two-day program is geared toward those new to the workforce or to Columbia and will ferry around 30 participants to Columbia-area food and drink hotspots and entertainment venues such as Riverbanks Zoo & Garden. It will feature exclusive experiences available only to those in the program, officials said.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:23 PM, CLT_sc said:

Not bad Cola....Dallas, Seattle, Portland, Columbia, Norfolk, Charlotte......

https://smartasset.com/mortgage/where-millennials-are-moving-2019

I'm not sure how I missed this. Being on that list  is pretty awesome, as all those mentioned are much larger cities.

21 minutes ago, krazeeboi said:

A new quarterly program will deliver an up-close look at Columbia's charms while helping the city recruit and retain professional talent, organizers hope.

Crash Course Columbia, a joint initiative of nonprofit organization Columbia Opportunity Resource and city tourism arm Experience Columbia SC, will give participants a behind-the-scenes glimpse of local attractions as well as a firsthand look at upcoming area development.

The two-day program is geared toward those new to the workforce or to Columbia and will ferry around 30 participants to Columbia-area food and drink hotspots and entertainment venues such as Riverbanks Zoo & Garden. It will feature exclusive experiences available only to those in the program, officials said.

I've lived here almost 50 years, and I'd love to participate in this. 

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Spartan said:

I hope this momentum continues. Columbia has a lot of potential and a lot of room to grow internally.

I'd love to see more infill of downtown's surface parking lots. The CBD could be much more densely populated with the construction of ground floor retail with condos/apartments above. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...