32-story tower near AvidXChange Music Factory.

archiebarrier49

3 minutes ago, Windsurfer said:

That's one way to increase your property value ;-)    They'll end up selling the land to someone else.

We had an apartment developer my firm worked with in Seattle that did this kind of thing sometimes. They'd have us do a feasibility study, then try to sell the land. Then have us go through schematic design, try to sell the land, then have us get city design approval, try to sell the land. Then have us get to 50% CDs, try to sell the land. Get permits, try to sell the land. Complete construction, try to sell the building. Sometimes they'd keep the project but often they were just trying to make money on it and didn't want to deal with actually managing the project or building.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

Right up against 277 and that factory, that does not seem like a desirable location at all.  

Exactly, location of this is the biggest head scratcher to me..there are plenty of empty lots that would have been 10x better than this location.  Rent will be too expensive to be located in a so-so (iffy) area.  Like some have alluded, I don't see this rising anytime soon, if at all, however, if they insist being in that area, I'd prefer this spot:

1.png.b75aa7a4d6fa1a09181828e7fd6c565b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamicoKaren said:

Not really in the Music Factory in my opinion. More by Graham and 11 st. 

Whoops. Read the article much? But this thread title should be changed to "on the edge of 4th Ward".

That's not the craziest location, as long as the silver line happens. Fourth Ward is nice all the way to the freight tracks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Exactly, location of this is the biggest head scratcher to me..there are plenty of empty lots that would have been 10x better than this location.  Rent will be too expensive to be located in a so-so (iffy) area.  Like some have alluded, I don't see this rising anytime soon, if at all, however, if they insist being in that area, I'd prefer this spot:

1.png.b75aa7a4d6fa1a09181828e7fd6c565b.png

Thats some massive Highway ROW.