32-story tower near AvidXChange Music Factory.

archiebarrier49

3 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Exactly, location of this is the biggest head scratcher to me..there are plenty of empty lots that would have been 10x better than this location.  Rent will be too expensive to be located in a so-so (iffy) area.  Like some have alluded, I don't see this rising anytime soon, if at all, however, if they insist being in that area, I'd prefer this spot:

1.png.b75aa7a4d6fa1a09181828e7fd6c565b.png

Just to be clear, you're not indicating that the location is inside that cloverleaf, are you (where you have that yellow star)?  It looks like the location is on the opposite side of that image, where you see a gravel parking lot.  It's next-door to the 514 10th St. apartment building (which has barber and hair salons at street level), and The Garrison (condos) will be directly behind it.  So this is already a fairly residential location.  The only problem I see with the location is the ADM Trucking Company across the street with its ugly silos.

Edited by JacksonH

2 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

Just to be clear, you're not indicating that the location is inside that cloverleaf, are you (where you have that yellow star)?  It looks like the location is on the opposite side of that image, where you see a gravel parking lot.  It's next-door to the 514 10th St. apartment building (which has barber and hair salons at street level), and The Garrison (condos) will be directly behind it.  So this is already a fairly residential location.  The only problem I see with the location is the ADM Trucking Company across the street with its ugly silos.

Correct inside that cloverleaf is owned by NC DOT and yes it is next to Circle K and the Garrison IF it gets built. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Whoops. Read the article much? But this thread title should be changed to "on the edge of 4th Ward".

That's not the craziest location, as long as the silver line happens. Fourth Ward is nice all the way to the freight tracks.

Yes, i read the article. I was responding to the person who was worried about music factory traffic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Wonder if this will get built and here is your rendering for it.  32 story tower in 4th Ward by the grain silos. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/09/20/development-group-increases-unit-count-at-proposed.html

That would block some of that amazing view coming into Uptown on the Brookshire, but it will be imposing as Hell so close to the highway. 

1 hour ago, Scribe said:

Uhm, that is not happening, not in 4th Ward, the blocks of old Victorian homes are going to prevent that... and for a good reason.

You have a bunch of fields and/or parking lots in first and second ward, how about we use that land up first.

Eh, this isn't really close to them though, and what's it blocking? If this was like square in the middle of 4th ward park, or if for some reason they decided to move the discovery place or build on top, I'd understand. But this is in a far flung corner on semi industrial land. Not to mention that if 4th ward was cool with Skyhouse and the public housing there, they'll be more than fine with a high end tower on the periphery. Probably couldn't even see it with the trees. Now if this was in Dilworth or Myers Park, the NIMBYs would be out in force, seems that anything above the treeline there pisses people off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

That would block some of that amazing view coming into Uptown on the Brookshire, but it will be imposing as Hell so close to the highway. 

Eh, this isn't really close to them though, and what's it blocking? If this was like square in the middle of 4th ward park, or if for some reason they decided to move the discovery place or build on top, I'd understand. But this is in a far flung corner on semi industrial land. Not to mention that if 4th ward was cool with Skyhouse and the public housing there, they'll be more than fine with a high end tower on the periphery. Probably couldn't even see it with the trees. Now if this was in Dilworth or Myers Park, the NIMBYs would be out in force, seems that anything above the treeline there pisses people off. 

you misunderstood his point. he's saying to skyline will never fill in between this building and the rest of uptown. 

7 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Hey, if 4th ward doesn't want it, place that bad boy at LU.  That's the kind of height I want the hotel/residential aspect to have at Legacy Union. 

I would say Fourth Ward is desperate for this. There is no momentum in fourth ward and the homeless people are taking over.

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I would say Fourth Ward is desperate for this. There is no momentum in fourth ward and the homeless people are taking over.

Agree, but man, asking rent is going to be too expensive to be bounded by 277, a not-so-safe gas station, & a milling factory.  You are very right about the homelessness unfortunately, especially under those bridges.  Location is still perplexing to me for such a high-end looking tower.  It would be a great catalyst for the area though. 

Just now, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Agree, but man, asking rent is going to be too expensive to be bounded by 277, a not-so-safe gas station, & a milling factory.  You are very right about the homelessness unfortunately, especially under those bridges.  Location is still perplexing to me for such a high-end looking tower.  It would be a great catalyst for the area though. 

I'd say this has about as realistic of chance of happening, as Trump Charlotte did. 

39 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

you misunderstood his point. he's saying to skyline will never fill in between this building and the rest of uptown. 

Thank you, this is exactly what I was referring to in my comment.

40 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

and the homeless people are taking over.

This is not a joke... the camp tent off I-277 at Graham keeps growing...

image.thumb.png.2b9b3ea768c54a31cf83fd34ee558d9b.png

As for development ... the best hope for 4th ward is Charlotte Gateway Station district and making sure it spreads all the way towards NC Music Factory / Avid HQ

This is not a joke... the camp tent off I-277 at Graham keeps growing...
image.thumb.png.2b9b3ea768c54a31cf83fd34ee558d9b.png
As for development ... the best hope for 4th ward is Charlotte Gateway Station district and making sure it spreads all the way towards NC Music Factory / Avid HQ
Isn't the Silver line going right through this area?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk