Parade of Homes

mgreven

I know this isn't exactly what the forum is about, but we seems to be discussing just about anything about GR these days....so....

Anyone see any great Parade Homes? Any that you hated?

We've been to about 10 and haven't seen anything very exciting at all.

(But we're just getting started)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GRDad,

This house is less impressive on the inside than out. Check out the Prairie style house down the street from it. THAT is an awesome house. Also, the one in the picture isn't designed by Visbeen. Check out his house off Lake Drive (between E. Beltline and E. Paris). It is spectacular (and he is actually moving into this one). It has old world charm oozing out it's pores, is environmentally friendly, has hidden garages and is the most expensive house on the tour.

The two I mentioned are must-see's if you are going.

Joe

I want to see this home, #165.

GRDad,

This house is less impressive on the inside than out. Check out the Prairie style house down the street from it. THAT is an awesome house. Also, the one in the picture isn't designed by Visbeen. Check out his house off Lake Drive (between E. Beltline and E. Paris). It is spectacular (and he is actually moving into this one). It has old world charm oozing out it's pores, is environmentally friendly, has hidden garages and is the most expensive house on the tour.

The two I mentioned are must-see's if you are going.

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will have to go see that prairie style home. I saw it being built, and I think the whole thing is constructed of concrete. Wild stuff! I will have to get to the Visbeen home too. I think he has been doing some design work for White Birch Builders, and even the small homes have a lot of character to them. I did not see one of theirs in the parade though.

Thanks for the hat tip.

"Parade of homes is a celebration of urban sprawl, i disapprove of it entirely. "

^Score, put one up for the good guys...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would hardly call it a celebration. Most people go to it looking for "decorating" ideas. You also have to consider that the home building industry in West Michigan pumps billions of dollars into the LOCAL economy. And the 6000 or so new home building permits issued in this area every year (in the top 50 in the U.S.) could in no way be built within the city limits of Grand Rapids. The answer is not NO GROWTH, it is smart growth :thumbsup:

^your right, I was just continuing the good ol down with the suburbs stereotype... I'd be safe to ask 420x on the skyscraperpage.com forums. Hes the money man, lets give him a call,see what he makes of urban sprawl and economic implications.

^your right, I was just continuing the good ol down with the suburbs stereotype... I'd be safe to ask 420x on the skyscraperpage.com forums. Hes the money man, lets give him a call,see what he makes of urban sprawl and economic implications.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That site cracks me up with the "What Midwest city has the best skyline?" or "Who has the best neighborhoods?", or "Who has the best colored construction barrels?" topics :rofl: Very enlightening discussions :silly:

Dayton vs. Grand Rapids? :) Wasn't the TV show Family Ties (w/ Michael J. Fox) supposed to be based in Dayton. The best we got was a sitcom on the WB starring Joey Lawrence that was supposed to be based in GR. Surely they kick our ass if that is the case. ;)

I have been over to that forum a couple of times. There are some really dumb conversations going on over there, but some really good GR posters. We need to get them over here... :)

Joe

One could say its a forum full of city bashers, especially against GR...  But, hey its a good way to see other outside opinion wether it is good or bad. I like the Grand Rapids vs Dayton threads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One could say its a forum full of city bashers, especially against GR...  But, hey its a good way to see other outside opinion wether it is good or bad. I like the Grand Rapids vs Dayton threads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They don't touch the Cincinatti vs. St Louis threads though. I am still trying to get the Diet Coke out of my keyboard :rofl:

Archived