VSRJ

Dream Hotel on South Main, 12 stories

Dream Hotel Group plans boutique on South Main

https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2019/07/31/dream-hotel-group-plans-boutique-on-south-main.html

A real estate developer who is hot on South Main has partnered with a high-end boutique hotel group out of New York.

In partnership with real estate developer Tom Intrator, the boutique Dream Hotel would open at 122 S. Main St., the current Royal Furniture building.

The hotel is set to include 178 rooms and four dining and nightlife venues, including a signature restaurant, lobby lounge, coffee shop, and rooftop bar.

dreamhotel1.thumb.jpg.40e98fddf4e397068979b2c76fa31e11.jpg

dreamhotel2.thumb.jpg.3f3789cd391321721c5a3bbbbfbad5ec.jpg

Edited by VSRJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking at this rendering, I see 12 floors and a rooftop area. I'm guessing all of the hotel rooms are going to be situated on floors 5 through 12.

I really hope this hotel pans out, as I'd hate to see another empty storefront on this stretch of Main — especially such as large one. The $3.5 million offer to sell seems like a good sign.

New York developer's hotel plans lead to East Memphis move for Royal Furniture

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/money/business/development/2020/01/23/downtown-memphis-royal-furniture-dream-hotel-tom-intrator/4552989002/

For now, the longtime home to a Royal Furniture retail store and its corporate office at 122 S. Main St. is still filled with mattresses, bed frames, dressers, couches and recliners.

But, if the timeline for a 178-room boutique hotel holds, the furniture could be cleared out within months to get ready for construction. 

Developer Tom Intrator has plans to add nine floors above the historic building in a partnership with New York-based Dream Hotels that will bring the brand's first property in Memphis to Downtown.

Edited by VSRJ