Lake Ave. & Pine St. | 33-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

Jvest55

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

yeah, I'm getting tired of the office park poaching...

great news...but can you move this into the CSP Phase II thread?  gracias...

I'm still shell shocked that a JW Marriott may actually come downtown as part of this project (in this thread)...

Believe nothing until you see a Port-a-Let (although Lincoln has a better record of follow through than most developers who post this fluffery -I expect to see that finished).

As to the other one, I’ll believe a convention center being dropped into a residential neighborhood when I see it. Of course, that’s the kind of vision we’ve come to expect  from our incumbent.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Believe nothing until you see a Port-a-Let (although Lincoln has a better record of follow through among the developers who post this fluffery -I expect to see that finished).

As to the other one, I’ll believe a convention center being dropped into a residential neighborhood when I see it. Of course, that’s the kind of vision from our incumbent.

good point on the CC ala this location (maybe just a ballroom (think AC/DC))

I'll tell you what I think...just down the street within this submarket is the Marriott AC Hotel inside CSP.  It's small, but the lobby/bar amenities, etc, seem good and top notch ala Marriott standards.  If this project has legs, I bet they are using the AC Hotel as a "stepping stone project"

Also, the JW in Bonnet Creek doesn't have a golf course; it's just the hotel, pool deck(s), bar(s), restaurant, meeting rooms; very nice for what it is; it's more compact; more urban if you will.  This would be even more urban that that- and a hybrid.

So, like you said...Lincoln has a good track record...so we'll see..

Funny how they're pushing "convention center" with this project yet we hear crickets from the DeVos Entertainment Complex ala convention hotel... contrast Lincoln's "reliability" aspect with that project

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I'll tell you what I think...just down the street within this submarket is the Marriott AC Hotel inside CSP.  It's small, but the lobby/bar amenities, etc, seem good and top notch ala Marriott standards.  If this project has legs, I bet they are using the AC Hotel as a "stepping stone project"

Also, the JW in Bonnet Creek doesn't have a golf course; it's just the hotel, pool deck(s), bar(s), restaurant, meeting rooms; very nice for what it is; it's more compact; more urban if you will.  This would be even more urban that that- and a hybrid.

Funny how they're pushing "convention center" with this project yet we hear crickets from the DeVos Entertainment Complex ala convention hotel... contrast Lincoln's "reliability" aspect with that project

The DeVoses are too busy scamming Amway distributorships (and as their domestic rep gets worse and worse they have to go more and more int’l) to build MEC. They should just let someone competent like the Wilfs do it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jrs2 said:

The only JW Marriott I’ve stayed at is the one inside Lenox Square. It didn’t have a golf course, either (did I mention  the largest Pottery Barn is at Lenox? The More You Know…)

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

Updated ARB report last meeting for this project. It seems close to "approved" by the ARB.  Couple of changes to the building. The main huge change is it is no longer associating with OMA or museum at all in the report. The report has changed to more "convention and meeting space" with no mention of museum space and two groundfloor restaurants instead. There are changes to the amenities decks and the rooftop, which is now a tiered design with 360 degree upper penthouse room for the private owner and outdoor deck overlooking the lake.  As designed, it looks like it will be the tallest building in South Eola, slightly over neighboring Citi Tower. The amenities deck on the pedestal changed to split into tow sides for the hotel and condo pool, as well as an outdoor garden and weding chapel on the east side adjacent to Citi Tower.  Prominent "J.W. Marriott" signage was added as well, emphasizing its use as a hotel and convetion space. 

Overall, I like the design of this and hope it gets built. 

Pages from ARB2022-10046_319_E_ChurchR.pngimage.thumb.png.69ee892ce3c8029c921adc850b08b605.png

i really hope downtown Orlando gets this one 

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

Updated ARB report last meeting for this project. It seems close to "approved" by the ARB.  Couple of changes to the building. The main huge change is it is no longer associating with OMA or museum at all in the report. The report has changed to more "convention and meeting space" with no mention of museum space and two groundfloor restaurants instead. There are changes to the amenities decks and the rooftop, which is now a tiered design with 360 degree upper penthouse room for the private owner and outdoor deck overlooking the lake.  As designed, it looks like it will be the tallest building in South Eola, slightly over neighboring Citi Tower. The amenities deck on the pedestal changed to split into tow sides for the hotel and condo pool, as well as an outdoor garden and weding chapel on the east side adjacent to Citi Tower.  Prominent "J.W. Marriott" signage was added as well, emphasizing its use as a hotel and convetion space. 

Pages from ARB2022-10046_319_E_ChurchR.pngimage.thumb.png.69ee892ce3c8029c921adc850b08b605.png

is there a way to see the numbers of these kind of pictures when you zoom in? every time I do it's very blurry

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

i really hope downtown Orlando gets this one 

is there a way to see the numbers of these kind of pictures when you zoom in? every time I do it's very blurry

Yeah, I know. The ARB pdf files uploaded online are compressed so the small labels/numbers are distorted. Sorry, I think it is a function of the ARB website to make the file sizes smaller. 

Here is the link to the full ARB report: https://orlando.novusagenda.com/AgendaPublic/AttachmentViewer.ashx?AttachmentID=119018&ItemID=61232

I think it will still be distorted smaller text due to their own uploading procedures, however. There are a lot of other details in the report. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Thanks 2

On 9/17/2022 at 2:04 PM, dcluley98 said:

Updated ARB report last meeting for this project. It seems close to "approved" by the ARB.  Couple of changes to the building. The main huge change is it is no longer associating with OMA or museum at all in the report. The report has changed to more "convention and meeting space" with no mention of museum space and two groundfloor restaurants instead. There are changes to the amenities decks and the rooftop, which is now a tiered design with 360 degree upper penthouse room for the private owner and outdoor deck overlooking the lake.  As designed, it looks like it will be the tallest building in South Eola, slightly over neighboring Citi Tower. The amenities deck on the pedestal changed to split into two sides for the hotel and condo pool, as well as an outdoor garden and weding chapel on the east side adjacent to Citi Tower.  Prominent "J.W. Marriott" signage was added as well, emphasizing its use as a hotel and convetion space. 

man, kind of unfair to the Star Tower that they had to cap their height at 200' back during the boom.  And they are so close to South Street too.  They should have been given a variance.

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

man, kind of unfair to the Star Tower that they had to cap their height at 200' back during the boom.  And they are so close to South Street too.  They should have been given a variance.

Not to mention that a slightly higher Star tower would have commanding views of Lake Eola, CBD, and SODO. Anything in south Eola only blocks from the expressway should be given a variance — there is nothing (from a neighborhood perspective) that would detract from height there.

I’m skeptical of the “step down skyline” approach taken where buildings are taller in the CBD and step down to Thornton Park. At this point, S.Eola is an urban extension of downtown and should allow height.

Thornton Park would not be impacted by it aside from more people to patron their fledgling businesses.

Edited by prahaboheme

59 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

Not to mention that a slightly higher Star tower would have commanding views of Lake Eola, CBD, and SODO. Anything in south Eola only blocks from the expressway should be given a variance — there is nothing (from a neighborhood perspective) that would detract from height there.

I’m skeptical of the “step down skyline” approach taken where buildings are taller in the CBD and step down to Thornton Park. At this point, S.Eola is an urban extension of downtown and should allow height.

Iirc, the local developer [I believe it was a son showing his dad what he could do (sort of a jv version of FFO Craig Ustler)]. Anyway, I think he ended up over his head financially and we were lucky we got what we got.

Correct me if I’m wrong - based on the names of the two buildings (Sanctuary and Star Tower), I was expecting something unique and lost interest because I found them boring.

Btw, the “Abbey” venue was supposed to be at Paramount. However, Publix would not bend on parking and they had to go to Plan B over at Sanctuary.

Edited by spenser1058

13 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Iirc, the local developer [I believe it was a son showing his dad what he could do (sort of a jv version of FFO Craig Ustler)]. Anyway, I think he ended up over his head financially and we were lucky we got what we got.

Correct me if I’m wrong - based on the names of the two buildings (Sanctuary and Star Tower), I was expecting something unique and lost interest because I found them boring.

Btw, the “Abbey” venue was supposed to be at Paramount. However, Publix would not bend on parking and they had to go to Plan B over at Sanctuary.

Publix needs that parking.  it gets really busy down there at times.

BTW, ever since they shut down the two 7-Elevens, Walgreens and Publix are now the tow big homeless magnets.

5 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Publix needs that parking.  it gets really busy down there at times.

BTW, ever since they shut down the two 7-Elevens, Walgreens and Publix are now the tow big homeless magnets.

A big part of the problem is all the people parking there who are going anywhere but Publix (I’ve seen them walking up the ramp or using the stairs instead of the Publix elevators and heading to Eola). Paramount doesn’t really patrol it so it keeps getting worse.

27 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

A big part of the problem is all the people parking there who are going anywhere but Publix (I’ve seen them walking up the ramp or using the stairs instead of the Publix elevators and heading to Eola). Paramount doesn’t really patrol it so it keeps getting worse.

They've had someone at the parking entrance on Sundays in the past, but I haven't seen that for awhile. I wonder if they'll bring it back when it gets cooler and even more people start going to the Farmer's Market. That lot can get super crowded. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 8:21 PM, spenser1058 said:

Star opened right before the Great Recession. He like every other condo developer in Florida had to give it back to the bank. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Permit Number: MPL2023-10029
Project: Lake Ave. and E Pine St - Mixed Use Tower
Address: 350 E PINE ST ORLANDO FL
Description: Master Plan request to develop a mixed use 33-story building to include residential, hotel, commercial uses with a parking garage. Multiple properties associated with request. Related to MPL2020-10058.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Jernigan said:
Permit Number: MPL2023-10029
Project: Lake Ave. and E Pine St - Mixed Use Tower
Address: 350 E PINE ST ORLANDO FL
Description: Master Plan request to develop a mixed use 33-story building to include residential, hotel, commercial uses with a parking garage. Multiple properties associated with request. Related to MPL2020-10058.

Is this an indication of anything imminent?