Lake Ave. & Pine St. | 33-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

Jvest55

• 1 month later...

There's no way this or Monarch actually happen, correct? South Eola is in my biased opinion, the best place to live in Downtown. But these seem...lofty for Orlando.

7 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Unless they own their unit, which they'd then have to sell, probably at a loss because of the now obstructed view.

Not that I'm crying any tears of pity for them.

Just sayin....

CitiTower is a rental only building as far as I know. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bqknight said:

There's no way this or Monarch actually happen, correct? South Eola is in my biased opinion, the best place to live in Downtown. But these seem...lofty for Orlando.

All the big projects seem slightly less likely right now.  If these two did get built, I'd imagine some retail might actually show up

42 minutes ago, bqknight said:

CitiTower is a rental only building as far as I know. 

That was my understanding.

As much as half a million sf of meeting space? That seems odd for a residential neighborhood. Given the limited ingress and egress if the facility reached its potential, how do you get all those people in and out?

Embassy Suites has meeting space but only about ~13,000sf worth. I don’t believe the old Egyptian Room at the Cherry Plaza (where Walt announced WDW) was anything close to the size proposed.

I can’t wait for the residents of South Eola to weigh in on this, especially the retirees. Of course, given the economic climate at the moment, I suspect it’s just whistling past the graveyard (whenever someone proposes a downtown hotel, they’re usually just throwing something out to see what sticks given the relatively weak occupancy rate of downtown hotels in the Disney era).

Great project, wrong location, imho.

Edited by spenser1058

5 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

As much as half a million sf of meeting space? That seems odd for a residential neighborhood. Given the limited ingress and egress if the facility reached its potential, how do you get all those people in and out?

Embassy Suites has meeting space but only about ~13,000sf worth. I don’t believe the old Egyptian Room at the Cherry Plaza (where Walt announced WDW) was anything close to the size proposed.

I can’t wait for the residents of South Eola to weigh in on this, especially the retirees. Of course, given the economic climate at the moment, I suspect it’s just whistling past the graveyard (whenever someone proposes a downtown hotel, they’re usually just throwing something out to see what sticks given the relatively weak occupancy rate of downtown hotels in the Disney era).

Great project, wrong location, imho.

Agreed why not a project with this ambition along Rosalind or Orange?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Agreed why not a project with this ambition along Rosalind or Orange?

Because that is the parcel the private developers purchased.

Had they purchased a parcel on Rosalind or Orange, assuming an adequate one was available, they'd be proposing it to be built there.

You do understand how this private development stuff works, right? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Because that is the parcel the private developers purchased.

Had they purchased a parcel on Rosalind or Orange, assuming an adequate one was available, they'd be proposing it to be built there.

You do understand how this private development stuff works, right? 

shhhhh JFW... Let them believe we are evil overlords who refuse to produce public park spaces and anvil shaped glass towers sheerly out of spite.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ChiDev said:

shhhhh JFW... Let them believe we are evil overlords who refuse to produce public park spaces and anvil shaped glass towers sheerly out of spite.

Who is “them” and who is “we?”

And how does any of this relate to having a desire for developments of equal ambition in the CBD?

Edited by prahaboheme

The MPB approved this project as well, according to Growthspotter.

from the article: " The developers, who also completed CitiTower across the street, are pledging to bring the first 5-star convention center hotel to Orlando’s Central Business District."

The article also says that the have 3 hotels competing for the flag. The hotel will have a convention center, and will also feature a sky club on 33rd floor with indoor/outdoor dining and pool, as well as 129 branded residences.

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-mpb-monarch-20200915-ckkzltx2erd2rdcihpv55desu4-story.html

• Like 1

Hmmm, it's probably been mentioned before and I missed it, but interesting this was done by the same people who did CitiTower. I would consider that building successful. Seems to be pretty full, there's retail that seems relatively successful on the bottom floor. Maybe, just maybe this will happen. 

• Like 4

• 7 months later...