Paramount747

Swerdling in SoBro - 2 Hotels at 1st & KVB - 36 stories/450 ft./491 rooms, 14 stories/200'/ 200 rooms

I've never stayed in a Hard Rock (been between quite a few of 'em), and I don't particularly care to stay in one, but I've broken down and given in, for just once, to stay two nights in early-mid July at the one on Chicago's North Michigan Ave. (in the historic Carbide and Carbon Bldg.).  It's the actual building itself that has fascinated me for decades

post-29451-0-57191800-1433528565_thumb.j  post-29451-0-32804200-1433528566_thumb.j

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

I've never stayed in a Hard Rock (been between quite a few of 'em), and I don't particularly care to stay in one, but I've broken down and given in, for just once, to stay two nights in early-mid July at the one on Chicago's North Michigan Ave. (in the historic Carbide and Carbon Bldg.).  It's the actual building itself that has fascinated me for decades

attachicon.gifCarbide+Carbon_HardRock.jpg  attachicon.gifcarbide-and-carbon-building.jpg

-==-

Yes, way cool building. Love a report post your stay there.

You said July and for a moment there you had me thinking you were in town for the Dead show, but you said mid-July and the Dead play 4th July weekend. No doubt you will encounter a few Deadheads who haven't yet found their way out of town. Be nice to them, they mean no harm.

Yes, way cool building. Love a report post your stay there.

You said July and for a moment there you had me thinking you were in town for the Dead show, but you said mid-July and the Dead play 4th July weekend. No doubt you will encounter a few Deadheads who haven't yet found their way out of town. Be nice to them, they mean no harm.

I'll be at the Chicago Hard Rock July 7, returning to Nashville on the 9th, so actually it's "more early" than mid (not mid at all really), but I will be missing the event itself, since I'll actually be en route from Vancouver, BC for Portland on that Saturday the 4th, not to head for Chicago until the late afternoon of the 5th.  I'm used to "unorthodox" encounters, so before something "smolders", I usually just materialize somewhere else.  At any rate, thanks for the heads-up.

-==-

This is incredible.... 40-story - 829 rooms, includes a 6-level shopping mall attached and automated garage...

A father and son who are distantly related to Walt Disney spearhead a group pursuing what would be the largest hotel in downtown Nashville, a towering behemoth with 829 rooms and a slew of elaborate features.

Their vision is a far cry from the typical hotel. It's more like part-hotel, part-tourist attraction — "built to be a place to visit as well as a place to stay when you visit," in the words of a principal in the group. The plans include a 2,500-seat theater with 3-D holographic shows, an interactive family science center and a small water park on the roof. A four-story LED video board would wrap around the base of the tower, and at least a 10-story guitar (with suites inside) would adorn the top. You'd walk through a virtual waterfall when entering the lobby, after parking in the automated garage, which will include space for public parking. Greenhouses and aquaponic farms would grow vegetables and fish for on-site food service. The hotel would generate its own power, feeding surplus electricity back into the grid. Oh, and don't forget the six-story shopping center connected to the hotel.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/02/08/exclusive-disney-family-members-envision-titanic.html

except the guitar which hopefully does not make it to fruition..... belch!!

Edited by Guest

133 Korean Veterans Blvd, Nashville, TN 37201

1 minute ago, nashvylle said:

can someone please confirm the address of the proposed site?

I am very skeptical of this as well. Granted, I don't know anything nor do I have an inside source, but the quality of the rendering combined with some of the promises for this building just says "vision" more than realistic proposal to me. I like the idea of a Hard Rock Hotel with entertainment options for all ages (which is something I think that downtown needs) but I have very little faith that they will be able to build a six story shopping mall along with this massive hotel.

In the words of William W. " I smell Cheese", I cant find much on these folks on-line. Who are they? Where did they come from? Where is the money? Who are the partners?

At this point, too many questions and 0 answers.  Pie in the sky!

• Like 4

Gonna look weird with an Eakin 4-story office building next door

But would have been an incredible location for Madame Tussauds

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Titans10 said:

I like it minus the giant concrete parking structure. 

If they're going to do a stand-alone garage, wrap it in neon / LEDs at the least.

Here is the Tennessean's take on the project.  It's working name is World One Hotel.  The developers want it to be a five-star brand, and price tag could be in the $500+ million range for the entire concept:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/02/08/500-million-plus-five-star-hotel-shopping-center-eyed-sobro/97645990/

• Like 1

I realize the drawings are conceptual, but from the waist down (?) the design has a strong flavor of suburban office park.  The rounded corners, the grass strips between building and sidewalk, the lack of sidewalk activation - some of the images are exactly what I would envision for the proposed BNA airport hotel and parking expansion.     

• Like 2