133 KVB (two 49 story towers of 574’ & 512’ featuring condos, apartments, hotel, ground level retail, public park & 8 levels of parking)

Paramount747

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Amazing I have to go to page 4 of the threads to sang this one, but water/sewer permits have been issued and completed. Now this is the first step when a project is moving forward. It does not mean it is a done deal, but it bodes well that they are starting to spend money on studies as well as those expensive architectural images.

I think the next step we will see is either an announcement of a hotel agreement between Accor Hotels and Swerdling and then who their loan is with. I think this one has legs, much more so than the last project he proposed as that one was just the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is one of three that were completed.

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3729389?initial=1&searchType=permit&orderBy=fullAddress ASC,permitNumber ASC&searchText=&page=1&searchCode=ADDR

Thanks @smeagolsfree 

Do we know if he has an equity partner? That will help with overall financing. 

• 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, Armacing said:

Does anybody think this hotel will be the tallest casualty of the Wuhan corona virus in Nashville?  With the pandemic stretching out into the foreseeable future, I just think it will be a hard time to launch new hotel projects - especially one of this scale.

If they were to break ground today, it wouldn't be open until mid-2022.  Hopefully the economy should be stabilized and tourism building back to decent numbers by then. 

The developers of  hotels that are nearing completion right now like Virgin, The Joseph, Capitol View Hampton Inn, Grand Hyatt, etc. are the ones that are up Poop Creek without a paddle for the next year.  Ugh.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

If they were to break ground today, it wouldn't be open until mid-2022.  Hopefully the economy should be stabilized and tourism building back to decent numbers by then. 

The developers of  hotels that are nearing completion right now like Virgin, The Joseph, Capitol View Hampton Inn, Grand Hyatt, etc. are the ones that are up Poop Creek without a paddle for the next year.  Ugh.   

You're right, of course.  I just don't see how they can break ground in this environment of uncertainty... even if the long-term outlook includes a recovery.

• 3 months later...

This has to be my favorite project you guys have going (except Four Seasons).    The design is off the hook!   If I could change anything I’d move it to a prominent downtown site and make it a legitimate new tallest (at least 700 feet).   If the developer of Paramount is not moving forward some version of this should go on or near that spot.

Edited by Plasticman
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Plasticman said:

This has to be my favorite project you guys have going (except Four Seasons).    The design is off the hook!   If I could change anything I’d move it to a prominent downtown site and make it a legitimate new tallest (at least 700 feet).   If the developer of Paramount is not moving forward some version of this should go on or near that spot.

While Paramount on Church is probably THE most prominent site in downtown, I would say this site off Korean Veterans Boulevard (just off SoBro) is extremely prominent. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...