133 KVB (two 49 story towers of 574’ & 512’ featuring condos, apartments, hotel, ground level retail, public park & 8 levels of parking)

Paramount747

6 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Accor has a bunch of hotels in the Nashville area.  Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn are Accor hotels.

Accor's luxury brands are Fairmont, Raffles, Rixos, and Sofitel.  Of those, the only ones in the US are Fairmont (Austin, Berkeley, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Maui, NYC, Pittsburgh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Monica, Scottsdale, Seattle, Sonoma, Telluride, and Washington) and Sofitel (Beverly Hills, Chicago, NYC, Philadelphia, Washington).  Getting either a Fairmont or Sofitel would be quite a coup for Nashville. 

Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn *USED* to be Accor hotels.

Red Roof Inn was sold to Citigroup in 2007 and Motel 6 was sold to The Blackstone Group in 2012.

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, urbanplanet17 said:

Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn *USED* to be Accor hotels.

Red Roof Inn was sold to Citigroup in 2007 and Motel 6 was sold to The Blackstone Group in 2012.

Wow I'm really behind the times.  Thanks for the clarification.  I'm kind of glad to know Accor sold those brands.  Accor has spectacular hotel brands, but those two seemed to weaken their over-all branding, in my opinion.  I'm glad they're focusing on their more upscale brands now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

They dont own the ugly apartments in the background as far as I know. Do you know something we dont?

I know you know some other things on another major project that is not public yet.

I'll bite again: what's the SCOPE / scope we're looking at, here?

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Think a large building being demolished right now.

OK... Shall we play a game? 

1.  The Tennessean HQ/printing plant

2.  The warehouse at the eastern end of the Division St. connector? I believe that's the site of the old Gerst brewery. I understand it is now vacant. 

3.  Music Row

4. The Parthenon

Crossing off options 2, 3, & 4

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...