CTC Redevelopment - Crescent, BPR & Whitepoint Proposals for Transit Center Redo + More

The Oculus posted by JeanClt looks a lot like the Fulton Street subway station in NY which was rebuilt after 9/11. It will be an amazing addition to Charlotte.

https://images.adsttc.com/media/images/5695/7291/e58e/cec2/8000/0107/large_jpg/portada_EWING_FultonCenter_1262.jpg?1452634750

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DownEast said:

The practice facility is likely. Maybe even the whole district. But the mention of Salesforce Park to justify possible naming rights for our new bus station had milk exploding from my nose. Dark horse guess: Snyder-Lance

Given Synder Lance has moved to NJ I doubt that.  the Hornets training facility has the Novant name on it now and that might continue unless outbid. I just think putting our hopes in all this money for naming rights when  companies are tightening their belts seems naive.  How about the Air Jordan district anchored by a Nike shop?  I think most of these entertainment districts grow organically.  And Charlotte does not have a good record in getting involved in this look at the history of Cityfair and even Epicenter which the city helped out with parking when they sold the Civic Center.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So what are the funds for again? That would clarify a lot. None of these articles I’ve ready say anything but just revenue for the city. Which honestly…yeah what do they go to lose? Not much necessarily. Naming rights are nothing new. Spectrum Arena…Bank of America Stadium…etc. etc. I’m having a little trouble trying to find their presentation if it is even public or their report on this.

50 minutes ago, Reverie39 said:

Ironically I think the "NASCAR district" would be just about the only cool naming they could use considering it's one of the more important contributions of Charlotte to the national culture. 

I think Pepsi might be more appropriate sponsor for the district considering it's originally from (New Bern) NC though it's now based in NY. It would be our initial pitch to get PepsiCo relocate it's HQs back to NC but this time Charlotte. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, kayman said:

I think Pepsi might be more appropriate sponsor for the district considering it's originally from (New Bern) NC though it's now based in NY. It would be our initial pitch to get PepsiCo relocate it's HQs back to NC but this time Charlotte. 

http://www.urbanbydesign.net/urbanbydesign/2022/7/3/donald-m-kendall-sculpture-gardens-at-pepsico-world-headquar.html

https://sah-archipedia.org/buildings/NY-01-119-8074

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_M._Kendall_Sculpture_Gardens

https://www.pepsico.com/sculpture-gardens

Yeah I don't think they are moving their HQ anytime soon. Great place to visit next time you are in Westchester though!

Y'all might recognize this one:

image.thumb.png.8505cb3c5856bf156f7e93ec7d9ba2d7.png

Edited by Matthew.Brendan
add pic
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Pepsi had a 25 year history in NC that ended in bankruptcy and liquidation. The modern PepsiCo that revived the brand has a 92 year legacy headquartered in New York growing it into a conglomerate with $86 billion in sales in multiple food and beverage segments. While the recipe was invented by a man in NC, the modern day company that we know today was absolutely built out of the NY HQ. 

That's besides the point. HQs move all the time these days. It might be in Charlotte's best interests to pitch itself as home of the HQs bringing the brand full circle. A more diversified economy for Charlotte makes the region and both states (North Carolina and South Carolina) more resilient to economic downturns. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kayman said:

That's besides the point. HQs move all the time these days. It might be in Charlotte's best interests to pitch itself as home of the HQs bringing the brand full circle. A more diversified economy for Charlotte makes the region and both states (North Carolina and South Carolina) more resilient to economic downturns. 

It is definitely in Charlotte's interest. Just saying it may not be in PepsiCo's... If PepsiCo made a full HQ move out of NY to reduce cost, I suspect they'd go for Plano, TX where the Frito-Lay division is already based.

• Like 2

I welcome companies moving to Charlotte, but PepsiCo won’t be one of them. They have the most beautiful campus conceivable. It also has the best sculpture collection in America. Lastly, it’s in one of the most beautiful NYC suburbs on the border of Greenwich, Connecticut. This mansion is in the area. (That’s one house with many wings.)

5e259aaefcb2b43f974cb6856c517519.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I welcome companies moving to Charlotte, but PepsiCo won’t be one of them. They have the most beautiful campus conceivable. It also has the best sculpture collection in America. Lastly, it’s in one of the most beautiful NYC suburbs on the border of Greenwich, Connecticut. This mansion is in the area. (That’s one house with many wings.)

5e259aaefcb2b43f974cb6856c517519.jpg

So you believe that JPMorgan should put a 1000 footer in Uptown but, a Pepsico relocation is out of the the question?

I like the Bojangles Box. How about the Meineke Mile or Swisher Streets of Gleam?

Edited by DownEast
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2023 at 6:11 PM, CLT2014 said:

It is definitely in Charlotte's interest. Just saying it may not be in PepsiCo's... If PepsiCo made a full HQ move out of NY to reduce cost, I suspect they'd go for Plano, TX where the Frito-Lay division is already based.

I say never say never. It makes a lot more sense for PepsiCo to be back in NC particularly Charlotte.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...