CTC Redevelopment - Crescent, BPR & Whitepoint Proposals for Transit Center Redo + More

For such a prime lot, I'm surprised the proposals are so conservative in height.  Obviously increasing the density and overall pedestrian activity of the block is what really matters, but it's going to be a while before these lots are worth enough to warrant knocking down 20 story buildings for 40+ story ones.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I never heard of that acronym either.

It's old, no one really uses it anymore.  To quote my mom, "by the time I finally figure out what it means, nobody says it anymore,"

• Haha 3

Maybe I’m too pessimistic, but I don’t think much happens in terms of development here until the next cycle.  Would love to be proved wrong. 

I tend to agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope we don't have to sit through the rest of the LU sites completely fenced off before the new cycle starts back off.  Just feels weird at the street level. 

Maybe one more tower up their sleeve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Dale said:

What is this “next cycle” stuff ? Is it even a thing ? Seems like this cycle has been going forever.

People were saying this before the Great Recession hit. Nothing lasts forever, and this current cycle of development will end. After a few years the next cycle will begin. It's just the circle of life.....or the economy lol

• Like 2

People were saying this before the Great Recession hit. Nothing lasts forever, and this current cycle of development will end. After a few years the next cycle will begin. It's just the circle of life.....or the economy lol

Yea but in his defense we predicted this a few times since. The difference is this time,@A2. Has come out of the woodwork to warn us, just like he did last time. He’s a guru about the bond market and the economy. I trust him more than any newspaper

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yea but in his defense we predicted this a few times since. The difference is this time,@A2. Has come out of the woodwork to warn us, just like he did last time. He’s a guru about the bond market and the economy. I trust him more than any newspaper

Yeah the yield curve going inverted is ringing the loudest alarm bells we've had since '07. It's looking pretty scary for the market right now. Hopefully things adjust (luckily it's no longer inverted as of today).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

Yeah the yield curve going inverted is ringing the loudest alarm bells we've had since '07. It's looking pretty scary for the market right now. Hopefully things adjust (luckily it's no longer inverted as of today).

Recessions are a construct, if corporations would pay their employees better wages, and allow them, not just shareholders to grow with the corporation's success, then we wouldn't have a situation where people's spending catches up with them. Recessions happen because people don't want to sit still and not advance, if we fuel that advancement (within' reason) then a major crash wouldn't happen.

• Like 2

With the current amount of Development going on in Center City (Uptown/Southend) I believe even if we did see a mild to moderate recession nationwide, Charlotte would still have project going vertical/being built throughout it becuase of how much is already under construction.   Now a severe recession or another financial crisis could have projects halted...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nakers2 said:

Recessions are a construct, if corporations would pay their employees better wages, and allow them, not just shareholders to grow with the corporation's success, then we wouldn't have a situation where people's spending catches up with them. Recessions happen because people don't want to sit still and not advance, if we fuel that advancement (within' reason) then a major crash wouldn't happen.

There is an interesting theory about that. Australia has NEVER had a major recession. 

I think the government aspects of this deal will take half a decade to get worked out IMHO, so not sure that even if there weren't a recession any time soon. A recession may kick up land holdings like Levine and brooklyn village into new hands, who knows. 

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin

59 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Modern Monetary Theory.....print free money to solve all problems

Australia's theory was the opposite. It was very vanilla and stable financing rules. There was no sub prime mortgages for example. Much more accepting of immigrants and increased trade with Asian growth countries like Vietnam and Thailand.

Totally off topic I know, but a cool article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/12/what-australia-knows-about-recessions/578482/

• Like 2