CTC Redevelopment - Crescent, BPR & Whitepoint Proposals for Transit Center Redo + More

1 hour ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Australia's theory was the opposite. It was very vanilla and stable financing rules. There was no sub prime mortgages for example. Much more accepting of immigrants and increased trade with Asian growth countries like Vietnam and Thailand.

Totally off topic I know, but a cool article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/12/what-australia-knows-about-recessions/578482/

So @Dandy Chiggenshelp me understand why this post merits a downvote from your point of view.

• Thanks 2

On 8/20/2019 at 11:20 PM, norm21499 said:

People were saying this before the Great Recession hit. Nothing lasts forever, and this current cycle of development will end. After a few years the next cycle will begin. It's just the circle of life.....or the economy lol

On Yahoo yesterday: 34% of economists believe we may have a recession by 2021. Presumably that means the majority see clear sailing for another two years or more. So, this feeling of impending doom has more to do, I suspect, from the American apocalyptic bent than any measured analysis of the fundamentals.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kermit said:

So @Dandy Chiggenshelp me understand why this post merits a downvote from your point of view.

That guy downvotes everything I post. .. @Spartan @Neo He has a history of starting up sh*t for no reason and only is critical of other posters has YET to post anything relevant himself. 

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin

10 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

That guy downvotes everything I post. .. 

Everyone is welcome to an opinion, I was just wondering about the logic behind it.  The  basic facts of the post appeared (to me) to be beyond dispute and they are easily verifiable so I wanted to learn about his point of disagreement.  @Dandy Chiggens are you able to provide any context for us?   :offtopic:

EDIT: It would be flattering if UP was big enough to warrant our own Russian bot.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kermit said:

Everyone is welcome to an opinion, I was just wondering about the logic behind it.  The  basic facts of the post appeared (to me) to be beyond dispute and they are easily verifiable so I wanted to learn about his point of disagreement.  @Dandy Chiggens are you able to provide any context for us?   :offtopic:

Look at his history. Its all downvotes. :tw_mask:

I spoke to a buddy at Crescent and he thinks they have another big project in the works that they are focusing on instead, hence why they dropped out. He seemed to imply First Ward. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I spoke to a buddy at Crescent and he thinks they have another big project in the works that they are focusing on instead, hence why they dropped out. He seemed to imply First Ward. 

That would be truly awesome. First ward is the one that needs the most attention, so any development news there is welcoming news. Thanks for sharing. 

A2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I hope it’s a purchase of one of Levine’s parcels. So much potential on that side of Uptown. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Third Strike said:

I hope it’s a purchase of one of Levine’s parcels. So much potential on that side of Uptown. 

I think that's a real possibility. Perhaps for a Truist Technology HQ

17 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think that's a real possibility. Perhaps for a Truist Technology HQ

I would think they either thier line of thinking on the CTC project is:

a)isn't happening

b)is too far out

c) they found something more appealing.

Here's to hoping its C. :alc:

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin

21 hours ago, kermit said:

Because its wrong?  CD seems to have skin that is too thin to post on the internet so I spare correcting him and leave a down vote and he still has a meltdown.  He must live in a padded room.  

First his statement that Australia "has never had a major recession" is just flat out wrong.  Many of their banks and financial institutions collapsed in the recession they had in the early 90's and unemployment was at 11%.  Not to mention just last year they fell into a per capita recession.  Some people even say that there is a major housing bubble and they may experience a collapse that resembles the US in 2008.

That article he then posted is junk and written from a establishment point of view that foolishly thinks our economies are similar in any way.  Pretty much advocating open borders and entering into the TPP like they so hoped we would.  As if not a single lesson was learned from NAFTA.  

Also what exactly does "much more accepting of immigrants" mean?

In 2016 Australia accepted 223,500 permanent immigrants.  An actual decrease from the previous year. 

Meanwhile, the US accepted 1,183,500 permanent migrants.  This does not include the thousands of refugees, H1-B visas, green cards, illegal immigrants etc etc.  

This place is just so misguided and calling for a recession year after year.  Growth may slow but we wont be in a recession anytime soon.  It reminds me of novice real estate investors saying they are "waiting for the next crash" to happen so they can scoop up properties for 50% below their peak price.  They will be waiting on the sidelines for a very long time.  

4 hours ago, kermit said:

EDIT: It would be flattering if UP was big enough to warrant our own Russian bot.

This place should be more welcoming to view points that are outside the echo chamber.  When that recession (that everyone here is praying for) hits, this place will become a ghost town until the "next cycle" without enough diverse viewpoints to create dialogue.  But, not my problem.  I come here for the pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dandy Chiggens said:

Because its wrong?  CD seems to have skin that is too thin to post on the internet so I spare correcting him and leave a down vote and he still has a meltdown.  He must live in a padded room.  

First his statement that Australia "has never had a major recession" is just flat out wrong.  Many of their banks and financial institutions collapsed in the recession they had in the early 90's and unemployment was at 11%.  Not to mention just last year they fell into a per capita recession.  Some people even say that there is a major housing bubble and they may experience a collapse that resembles the US in 2008.

That article he then posted is junk and written from a establishment point of view that foolishly thinks our economies are similar in any way.  Pretty much advocating open borders and entering into the TPP like they so hoped we would.  As if not a single lesson was learned from NAFTA.  

Also what exactly does "much more accepting of immigrants" mean?

In 2016 Australia accepted 223,500 permanent immigrants.  An actual decrease from the previous year. 

Meanwhile, the US accepted 1,183,500 permanent migrants.  This does not include the thousands of refugees, H1-B visas, green cards, illegal immigrants etc etc.  

This place is just so misguided and calling for a recession year after year.  Growth may slow but we wont be in a recession anytime soon.  It reminds me of novice real estate investors saying they are "waiting for the next crash" to happen so they can scoop up properties for 50% below their peak price.  They will be waiting on the sidelines for a very long time.  

Educate me, professor, what are the relative populations of the two countries?

• Haha 1

Just now, kickazzz2000 said:

Educate me, professor, what are the relative populations of the two countries?

I simply asked what "much more accepting" means and provided data to make things easier to visualize.  The economy is a vast topic and I believe immigration has a big effect on wage growth (which is at a 10 year high in this country).  So high that establishment hacks are saying we have a "wage bubble".  Meanwhile,  Australia's wage growth has been stagnant.  Must be a coincidence huh?  Do you have anything else to add besides a triggered comment?

• Like 1