CTC Redevelopment - Crescent, BPR & Whitepoint Proposals for Transit Center Redo + More

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Agenda story about this.  I like this plan but it may take a while and the big factor can they interest an office tenant anchor?

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/177833/uptown-bus-center-may-transform-into-new-mixed-use-development-could-include-office-tower-hotel-and-retail/

When I think of proposals such as this, the numerous developments for the old Convention Center site, that came and went, comes to mind.  Eventually the EpiCentre complex did come to fruition though.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 8:35 AM, J-Rob said:

What is a realistic timeline to have a shovel in the ground?  I know they still have to finish feasibility studies and go before CLTCC.  The end of 2021?

Large projects like this are very complex and financing & vision (working with CATS/City Council) dependent.  My estimate would be that we see city council / CATS approval by the end of this year.  Then a more definitive / comprehensive plan (with phasing identified) by the end of 2020.  I don’t believe any shovels in the ground would take place before the 2022 timeframe (or later) on what would be Phase 1.  Brooklyn Village and North Tryon Plan will probably have stirrings of activity probably around the same time.  

My question is - how does this potential Collection of Property compare in size (Acreage) to the Legacy Union Site?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If they do get control of the NCRR parcel and move the bus site to that side, would there still be a need for the CTC/Arena station?  I guess you'd want a station connecting to the streetcar..? 

Am I crazy to want the new bus station to be located where the silver and blue lines intersect?  I guess that would be too forward thinking and make too much sense..?

• Like 2

This is easily one of the largest opportunities in Uptown to create a true gathering space for the Queen City. This could be our Hudson Yards (on a local scale) and It would truly break me to see this be messed up. However we can all agree that if this were to be screwed up somehow I would be extremely unsurprised.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

This is easily one of the largest opportunities in Uptown to create a true gathering space for the Queen City. This could be our Hudson Yards (on a local scale) and It would truly break me to see this be messed up. However we can all agree that if this were to be screwed up somehow I would be extremely unsurprised.

You could have said the same thing about Legacy Union :-(

On 9/12/2019 at 1:42 PM, queensguy06 said:

White Point "Alternatives:"

• A subterranean bus/transit center

• Consolidation of the 3rd Street and Spectrum Center light rail stations into one station, updated to serve three cars

• Filling in the Rail Trail gap along this Project by building an elevated Rail Trail along the Blue Line and across 4th Street

• A large civic plaza as a gathering place as part of the overall master plan in concert with burying the bus/transit center

• Large scale ideas such as providing an elevated connection/park connecting two blocks by “capping” 4th Street

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.  Sigh, a boy can dream :tw_joy::tw_bawling:

Yeah, any of these would be great.  Reading through the proposals, Whitepoint seems to get it.  Adding the NCRR land would be essential 

12 hours ago, Desert Power said:

Wondering aloud here....What are the chances that CATS could move on from their space on North Davidson as they shift from just having one main hub Uptown?  Eventually could be a nice infill spot

Agree that would be ideal for CATS to move away from there, but given their fairly new expansion there, I don't see it happening for ~25 years.