CTC Redevelopment - Crescent, BPR & Whitepoint Proposals for Transit Center Redo + More

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

He was referring to the original agreement that tied the Bobcats/Hornets to this arena that has an open ended upgrade clause.  Most of the council agrees with him if you read their quotes.  It was a bad agreement but that council back then made it and this current council is having to live with it.  

Driggs said "onerous," which seemed a fair representation.

Bokhari said "excrement," once again over-the-top, un-productive and likely an oversimplification.  Was the city's deal out of market at the time?  Is Bokhari making his comments to save face for himself and the council as they vote to approve the package?

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, RANYC said:

Driggs said "onerous," which seemed a fair representation.

Bokhari said "excrement," once again over-the-top, un-productive and likely an oversimplification.  Was the city's deal out of market at the time?  Is Bokhari making his comments to save face for himself and the council as they vote to approve the package?

He just wants attention, don't give it to him.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

This seems to be a very good idea - but I do agree that after this is finished (2030-2033) that the city needs to get out of the business of keeping up with the Arena.  Maybe selling it to the highest bidder.

City extended lease with hornets until 2045 as part of deal 

• Like 1

The below-grade transit concept is giving me Port Authority Bus Terminal vibes... which isn't a great thing. It needs to be really open, airy, and light or it will become a dungeon that makes people feel insecure. I'm having a failure of imagination in picturing how the public, semi-public, and private spaces interact with each other at the ground level and below.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

The below-grade transit concept is giving me Port Authority Bus Terminal vibes... which isn't a great thing. It needs to be really open, airy, and light or it will become a dungeon that makes people feel insecure. I'm having a failure of imagination in picturing how the public, semi-public, and private spaces interact with each other at the ground level and below.

Here’s a pic of Salesforce transit center and theirs is above ground for the buses. Not open and airy but everything else makes it work. Hopefully the market hall labeled in the rendering, will make it feel more open and less enclosed and offer retail/food/bev to generate foot traffic. 
D08C27B3-C506-4CB9-9954-26667D709C48.jpeg.c378a9c6e9f102f7c5236cbdec764238.jpeg

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TGIBridays said:

Some new renderings have come out via Joe Bruno and Ely Portillo on twitter.

Aerial rendering. 

Rendering of the "oculus" underground bus terminal. 

Stacking/Layout of the terminal.  Seems like 6 stories of parking is a lot for a transit center... but what do I know?

Rendering of Brevard ST as a "festival Street".

Another aerial.

Basically a larger RUSBUS but the composition is the same.  Even has an 'oculus' feature as well. Haha

Edited by carolina1792
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I don’t disagree. I guess I am hoping that a fully electric bus fleet is feasible and that should address most of the air quality and noise issues. Also wondering if the more limited access to the transit level might help security?

I think the dungeon feeling might also be reduced by having the Silver and or Gold line stop there as well [I do understand the impossibility of this].

I’m not sold on the hornets implementing their practice facility 7 or so stories above a parking garage, however, it does appear the hornets would be taking several floors of the entire structure potentially. Could be interesting though if they put offices and maybe some fan/entertainment options in there as well. I feel like they would have more flexibility if that just built a new structure on an adjacent lot but this could be unique. Especially if there is a hotel aspect, you could tie in a sports gambling (sports book) area, nice restaurant/bar overlooking the practice court, etc. Matter of time for it to be legalized so might as well plan for it. This could be a unique project and be a spark this area has long needed. 
87977F57-86BD-4421-BEDA-E6ED2FCE5274.jpeg.e24717da5603c8d73a7eadc25f2740c7.jpeg

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 3