Paseo South Gulch (Phases 2 & 3: 30 & 16 stories w/ 390 residential units, 183 room hotel, 18,000 sq. ft. office, 14,000 sq. ft. retail; Phases 4 & 5: Another 30 story tower w/ 396 units, a 22 story office tower, 1,500 capacity internal garage)

markhollin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting those renderings in large format. It helps to read the small print. I'm unable to enlarge them from the NP site on my phone. I wonder however if Albion will really be that much taller (or taller Voorhees tower will be that much shorter). 

These renderings remind me of the very few released publicly for the Vandy Graduate Student village. Speaking of which, has anyone here heard when Vandy plans to break wind on that one? 

56 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Voorhees Towers, Jan 29, 2021, diagram 11.png

I would image they will have to install a new traffic signal at Fogg Street as 8th Ave is too busy of a road not to have a stop light there.

Wishful thinking here, but if Carter Guitars ever move on, it would be nice if any development would align Fogg Street to what appears to be a Division Street Alley (called Division Street on Parcel Viewer).

image.thumb.png.dd08a1b8c26245916d6c389cf9fb6553.png

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Somera Road developers asking for additional height approval for Tower 2 to be 20 stories (I know...booooring!) Per development tracker..

79516721_Somera20.jpg.bb66569989617d5153d77e253e41be46.jpg

They have a nice street view rendering...

838039823_Somerastreetview.jpg.e59bf7afe201829d1d6d236ae0752062.jpg

Maybe this is a controversial opinion but I think it’s better for most buildings in the pie town area to be mid-rise as it gives a better view of the Nashville core from the I-65 interchange. I’m hoping that a tall building like paramount or something else will eventually be built in either the Downtown core, SoBro or Amazon Yards Area as it would complement the skyline really well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Binbin98 said:

Maybe this is a controversial opinion but I think it’s better for most buildings in the pie town area to be mid-rise as it gives a better view of the Nashville core from the I-65 interchange. I’m hoping that a tall building like paramount or something else will eventually be built in either the Downtown core, SoBro or Amazon Yards Area as it would complement the skyline really well.

Can respect that perspective.  My hope is that eventually, instead of obscuring the view, it will become part of the view.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nashvylle said:

This rendering is confusing me. It's looking NE but it appears Albion is behind Somera's project... or is it just showing that from I65 you won't even see Somera's project because Albion will be blocking it?

image.thumb.png.6671f0803477fddecc2951195ea8fa6b.png

This is an artistic rendering, the Alibon is being represented in front of this development actaully. There is a slight translucency over the Somera Road building and that is the Albion building. Follow the right edge of the Albion building and you will see a clear transition in view clarity of the Soemr Road building.

This is the power and artistry of architecture haha

• Like 1

And I discovered on the massing diagrams for both buildings, the Albion will be 20 floors, 272' tall and the Vorhees will be  20 floors and 250' tall. So the perspective in this rendering is a little bit hard to understand. But I understand they are just trying to compare their rational for additional height to the existing, nearby buildings.